Problem with a SurfaceGui in a part >0.5

Hello to everyone! I am creating this post because of a problem I have with a SurfaceGui.

I am used to build things big and then making them small with a plugin to make it easier for me. This time, I had a SurfaceGui added on the part and when I made it smaller I was found with this:

Yes, the SurfaceGui was out of the part. Results that the part is less than 0.5, so it seems to be the issue. I would like to know if there is a solution for this problem so the SurfaceGui and the part fit.

2 Likes

Hi!

Have you tried rescaling the GUI manually? It might be the plugin being incompatible with the Surface GUI.

It could also be your position of the GUI. Try changing the position manually as well.

If none of those work, please can you reach back to me.

1 Like

Hello ChocRBLX.
I have tried the suggestions you gave me, but unsuccessfully any of them worked. I tried making a SurfaceGui with the part already scaled, changed many configurations of it and many others things but they didn’t work.

1 Like

Not exactly sure what the issue is, but I am assuming you mean when you have a part sized (0.5,0.5,0.5), the ScreenGui frame or whatever UI element is not actually on the part?

This is what happens when I try and replicate this:

Could you clearly state the issue, so I can replicate it?

My bad, I just realized that I typed 0.5 instead of 0.05. Anyway, I will give you an example so everyone understands it better:

I have a part sized 0.05, 0.5, 1. It looks like this:

But I want it to be 0.03, 0.5, 1. In order to do that, I union it with a negated part:

I end up with a part that is less than 0.05. Now, I want to add a SurfaceGui on it, but it will look like this due to it being less than 0.05:

The part should be 0.03, 0.5, 1, but due to Roblox limitations it looks like it is 0.05, 0.5, 1, making the SurfaceGui look out of the part.

1 Like

Thank you for clarifying. I can definitely see why that would happen, maybe Roblox hasn’t optimized Surface UI’s for parts so small. I was wondering what it would look like with a decal / image? Is it the same? [ unless you need to change the text on the Surface UI or need it specifically ]

Besides that, I have no idea what you can do.

As a surprise, I have placed a decal on the part and it fits perfectly, but not with the SurfaceGui. It looks more likely a Roblox limitation with parts smaller than 0.05.

1 Like

Could you use a decal instead? Or do you specifically need the SurfaceGui?

1 Like

I have this issue in a keycard. It uses a decal and the SurfaceGui is for the custom level, name and profile picture, so I need to use both of them.

1 Like