Problem with chat hot key?

I’m not sure if I’m just doing something wrong here. But a lot of people have been bugging me about this in my new murder game.

I ported Roblox’s chat script into a LocalScript so I could create messages in a custom way. When trying to detect a / input from the client online to chat, it only works if you hold shift (and it works just fine when its offline)

I ended up changing the key to “C” but people began to complain about this (No idea why)
Im currently using player:GetMouse().KeyDown

Help?

I believe I read somewhere that using the KeyUp method for the “/” key works and that the KeyDown does not. :slight_smile:

EDIT: They must complain because of the fact that they’re so used to pressing “/” to chat that pressing “C” is strange and, well, just plain difficult when you’re used to pressing something else.

I had this problem too so I also had to use “C”, but not all likes it, but I just had to ignore it.

I had this problem too so I also had to use “C”, but not all likes it, but I just to ignore it.

I just used return instead

[quote] I believe I read somewhere that using the KeyUp method for the “/” key works and that the KeyDown does not. :slight_smile:

EDIT: They must complain because of the fact that they’re so used to pressing “/” to chat that pressing “C” is strange and, well, just plain difficult when you’re used to pressing something else. [/quote]

That is correct. When Chat is hidden then :KeyUp() can detect ‘/’.

I’ll try this.
Thanks guys.