Problems with Grass Visibility

What are you attempting to achieve?

A friend of mine directed me to the new grass feature, which I must say, looks really good. There is a post in announcement about how to implement this feature at this link:

I followed the given instructions carefully. I have enabled the grass by selecting Workspace-> Terrain-> Decoration = true ~ The terrain grass should now have a geometric grass. I can confirm that, in Roblox Studio, when the game is tested, the grass appears. I then published the game, to apply the changes to the game.

What is the issue?

Having followed the steps and published my game, I was excited to see how it would look in the game. While I was in Roblox Studio, I could see the grass effect upon playing ‘test’ and it certainly did look great. I wondered how it would look, while I played the game normally. However, while the grass appears on the grassy terrain in Studio, I see no change whilst playing the actual game. I know that others are also unable to see the grass too. (My original friend wrote to me soon after telling me about this grassy addition, to enquire whether I could see any grass in my game, as he was unable to view it in his own games too.)

What solutions have you tried so far?

I have tried reading through the above thread and it’s replies, in case I have missed an instruction or in case other users have reported the same issue. I didn’t find anything. I tried Googling for ‘Roblox Grass’ and I found nothing too. I tried editing my terrain, just in case the software needed an alteration before the new effect was delivered. This did not help. I have tried adding grass in a variety of different games in case I could rectify the issue myself. None of these worked. Can anyone help me?

You may then include any further details.

I am playing Roblox upon a Windows 10 laptop. The specifications are shown in the image below.

Sorry, I now realise that this feature has not been introduced in the clients yet. It is just a Studio feature. My apologies in raising this question. I have marked this reply as the solution as now I am certain that there was no original issue to be addressed by the community. The photographs that I viewed must have been taken within Studio and not within the Roblox player.

This is the text, from the original announcement, that I missed:

Grass is enabled in Studio for you to test it. After week or two we will enable it for all the clients.

3 Likes

No worries! This section of the forum is for asking questions, and if we didn’t have any to answer, then we’d be bored wouldn’t we :stuck_out_tongue:

Just make sure next time to read the posts thoroughly. You never know if the posts describe certain catches with a feature that might affect your games performance or similar. In this instance, that isn’t the case because they’ve managed that aspect very well, but always worth being informed!

4 Likes

Requested by topic creator as issue was resolved.