Problems with my Knockback System (not Knockbacking straight)

1. What do you want to achieve? I want make the knockback go straight

2. What is the issue? It simply dont go straight.

1. What solutions have you tried so far? I tryed look on others post, i bassicaly use
        --That is done on client, server send the hitter humanoid root part
        bodyVelocity.P = 200
        bodyVelocity.MaxForce = Vector3.new(10000,10000,10000)
        --make the hitted player face the hitter player.
        humanoidRootPart.CFrame = CFrame.new(humanoidRootPart.CFrame.Position,Vector3.new(args[6].CFrame.Position.X,humanoidRootPart.CFrame.Position.Y,args[6].CFrame.Position.Z))
        --args[6] == the HITTER humanoidRootPart
        bodyVelocity.Velocity = args[6].CFrame.LookVector * 360  
        bodyVelocity.Parent = humanoidRootPart

But i tryed other ways looking on others people post like:

local Direction = (humanoidRootPart.Position - args[6].Position).Unit
bodyVelocity.Velocity = Direction * 360

But dont work, i dont know what is happening, but when i try it on horizontal it work perfectly:

It appears to be working as programmed to me. You’re using the Characters current LookVector to determine the direction of travel and it travels in that direction. Not completely sure how you’re wanting that to differ as you provided a simple straight back example as well. What exactly are you looking to change?

Handling knockback only on a client per client basis will also lead to desync between where the server thinks something is and where any given client thinks it is, though that may not be an issue depending on application.

i Found the issue, its just cause i put a low max force, cause that the friction make that issue, so increasing the max force fixes it.

1 Like