Profle Service can't save 200 values?

I switched to Profile Service not too long ago, and a bunch of my players started to experience random values not getting loaded. Is it because Profile Service can’t handle this much values?

4 Likes

a few possibilities include:

• your data not getting saved properly
  • your data not getting loaded properly
  • you hitting a datastore limit
5 Likes

It’s most likely the third because I’m getting a DataStore request was added to queue. If request queue fills, further requests will be dropped. Try sending fewer requests.Key = YT0674 error.
Do I need to split up my Profile Service into 2 parts?

3 Likes

This just means you’re sending requests too quickly so they’re being added to a queue. Your requests will eventually be completed but it will take some time.
The DataStore limits are listed here: Data Stores | Documentation - Roblox Creator Hub

5 Likes

Looks like you are updating the datastore’s alot

2 Likes

I’m only updating it when the player joins and leaves. Profile Service also has a 30 second auto save if I’m not mistaken. Maybe I should put that 30 second higher?

3 Likes

That just means you need to have less requests. Splitting into 2 does not reduce the number of requests.

3 Likes

I believe profileservice does not have an auto save but rather it caches your data and then when you leave it saves. Though you could save as well using functions from the api but you don’t need to use them unless you want to save immediately after something such as trading.

2 Likes

What’s the point of the autosave? I’m pretty sure profile service should handle everything for you. (This is a question by the way I’m just wondering)

1 Like

I said there is a built in auto save into Profile Service. I wouldn’t make one myself.

2 Likes

Perhaps you are calling the save function too many times. You might wanna check because you shouldn’t need to use that.

2 Likes

Oh well I somehow completely skipped right through the part where you said that sorry about that :sob:

2 Likes

“I’m only updating it when the player joins and leaves.”

2 Likes

Did you use the save function though?

1 Like

Do you mean the auto save? Isn’t that on by default? I don’t know though.

2 Likes

I just noticed that the warning I get is not related to Profile Service, it’s another data store. I also noticed that the values do get saved. But sometimes not every value gets loaded. What could be wrong?

1 Like

Are you using Mixed tables? As I remembet, thats not allowed in profile service.

1 Like

Profile Service allows nested tables. You can create tables that contain other tables as values. This is a great way to organize your player data

2 Likes

If you’re saving too many variables at once this could be the reason why. The reason saves might not be loading is because when players leaves the game, the queue gets filled up and takes too much time to save everything.

1 Like

Just make sure you fit in with these. 200 values are usually really low amount, depends on what you save there tho.