Ability to prompt purchases for bundles / body packages in-game

We just created a wonderfully organized catalog showcasing all 6 pages of roblox “Body Part” bundles for players to use.
It’s really fun to play with and see what they look like in-game, and there’s definitely some “winners” I overlooked in the past that I would 100% consider using now on my own roblox character!
Body bundles are definitely under-used, aaaand maybe for some valid reasons (we’ll get it perfect one day). BUT we want to change that - they ARE really fun & some are top notch, and I’d love to contribute to this expansion of ROBLOX as they continue to make a big push in promoting Rthro.

My team and I would like to be able to provide players with the ability to purchase bundles from ingame via MarketplaceService, in the same way that the purchase of individual assets can be prompted with MarketplaceService:PromptPurchase.

Could we have a similar function (perhaps MarketplaceService:PromptBundlePurchase?) to prompt the purchase of these bundles directly?

Just like our clothing catalog, we love to give players the easiest route possible to owning items they fall in love with.

Let us know if we are missing something, if there is a way to do it already!

Thanks for reading!
callmehbob & ironclaw33

15 Likes

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to prompt purchases for bundles, because of how this “ID system” works.

:PromptPurchase currently only works for some catalog items (hats, clothing, ect) and some items in the library like models (I think).

This example here has an ID of 485:
https://www.roblox.com/bundles/485/Druid-of-the-Owl

And this code example here would NOT work…

game:GetService("MarketplaceService"):PromptPurchase(client, 485);

Bundles are catalog items, and you can prompt purchases for other catalog items, and the fact that this function is not bundle-compatible is sort of inconsistent.

I propose that a :PromptBundlePurchase function be added, and it would work more or less like :PromptPurchase, but, of course, for bundles. Or at least fix the latter.

3 Likes

As a Roblox developer, it is currently IMPOSSIBLE to provide PromptPurchase for a catalog (or should I say Avatar Shop) “bundle” asset. :cry:

The problem here is that developers aren’t able to provide their players with the ability to purchase certain, if not MOST, bundles with the MarketPlaceService thru “:PromptPurchase()”. It is currently impossible to do so, which would be great if the feature is added. I tried to allow the users to purchase bundles in every way I found from the Developer Forum, though those methods are outdated.

Here are some related topics I read through in the DevForum, though they are from around last year, and do not work: How do I PromptPurchase Bundles?, Ability to prompt purchases for bundles / body packages in-game.

(As you can see, those posts have not been really addressed/answered, and I think that this post shall “bump” the idea furthermore into 2020.)

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because I would be able to sell bundles to the players as a ‘commission’, like other “Avatar Shop” assets. :wink:

If this feature was to be added, developers would have the ability to sell bundles to users. This could allow the developer to earn Robux through commission, and maybe allow them to show their avatar designs to their players.

This could override the current solution; telling users to buy bundles outside of the game, and in the Avatar Shop, dismissing the developers from earning some commissioned Robux, and maybe taking the interest and time of the players away from the developers’ game.

Simply, I am just asking for a “:BundlePromptPurchase()” scripting feature or bundles to be purchased using the current “:PromptPurchase()” feature, if it isn’t currently being worked on at the moment.

5 Likes