ProximityPrompt not showing

Hi!
This is honestly probably a stupid question, but for some reason, I cant get my ProximityPrompt to show.

The ONLY script that interacts with it is a ServerScript, located in Workspace.

workspace.City.Cafe.Sink.FossitPart.ParticleEmitter.Enabled = false
workspace.City.Cafe.Sink.FossitPart.ProximityPrompt.Triggered:Connect(function(player)
	--- turn on
	if  workspace.City.Cafe.Sink.FossitPart.ProximityPrompt.ActionText == "Turn on Fossit" then
	print("Someone has turned on the fossit.")
		workspace.City.Cafe.Sink.FossitPart.ParticleEmitter.Enabled = true
		workspace.City.Cafe.Sink.FossitPart.ProximityPrompt.ActionText = "Turn Off Fossit"
		---turn off
	elseif  workspace.City.Cafe.Sink.FossitPart.ProximityPrompt.ActionText == "Turn Off Fossit" then
			print("Someone has turned false the fossit.")
		workspace.City.Cafe.Sink.FossitPart.ProximityPrompt.ActionText = "Turn On Fossit"
		end

end)

Thanks for any help!

Yes, I did make sure it esd enabled: image
And it has nothing to do with Anchoring, because the ParticleEmitter I have in the same past DOES work. image a

Something is blocking the proximity prompt, just make a new block sticking above any other block and add a proximity prompt whilst its transparency is like 1

1 Like

I found that the RequiresLineOfSight property being set to false should fix the issue with not being able to see the ProximityPrompt object from experience.

If this does not work, it’s possible you may have to mess around with the UIOffset property to move it out of the way of any parts that may be in the way of it.

1 Like

That fixes the Visibility, but for some reason my script does not work. Can you take a loo kat it?

--- turn on
	if  workspace.City.Cafe.Sink.ProxPart.ProximityPrompt.ActionText == "Turn on Fossit" then
		workspace.City.Cafe.Sink.FossitPart.ParticleEmitter.Enabled = true
		workspace.City.Cafe.Sink.ProxPart.ProximityPrompt.ActionText = "Turn Off Fossit"
		---turn off
	elseif  workspace.City.Cafe.Sink.ProxPart.ProximityPrompt.ActionText == "Turn Off Fossit" then
			print("Someone has turned off the fossit.")
		workspace.City.Cafe.Sink.ProxPart.ProximityPrompt.ActionText = "Turn On Fossit"
		end

end)

The error is somewhere in Turning it off. I can turn it on, but if I try to turn it off it turns it off and then wont take any more input.

Can I see the whole code? I might be wrong from what I said

workspace.City.Cafe.Sink1.FossitPart.ParticleEmitter.Enabled = false
workspace.City.Cafe.Sink1.ProxPart.ProximityPrompt.Triggered:Connect(function(player)
	--- turn on
	if  workspace.City.Cafe.Sink1.ProxPart.ProximityPrompt.ActionText == "Turn on Fossit" then
		workspace.City.Cafe.Sink1.FossitPart.ParticleEmitter.Enabled = true
		workspace.City.Cafe.Sink1.ProxPart.ProximityPrompt.ActionText = "Turn Off Fossit"
		---turn off
	elseif  workspace.City.Cafe.Sink1.ProxPart.ProximityPrompt.ActionText == "Turn Off Fossit" then
			print("Someone has turned off the fossit.")
			workspace.City.Cafe.Sink1.FossitPart.ParticleEmitter.Enabled = false
		workspace.City.Cafe.Sink1.ProxPart.ProximityPrompt.ActionText = "Turn On Fossit"
		end

end)

I fixed it myself. I forgot a while true loop;

1 Like