Purchase prompt's fast tween can be "exploited" for scams

Occasionally scam games like this (not sure how much longer it’ll be up) appear that attempt to trick players into buying a high-priced dev product/gamepass by tempting them to click in a certain spot at a certain time or rapidly then having a purchase prompt appear so their mouse lands directly on the purchase button.

I’m not necessarily posting this to have that game taken down but the fact this trick is so easy to pull off is a bit silly. The prompt tweens in under a second and the purchase button only takes one click to confirm. Some sort of additional confirmation screen or having the buy button not be clickable immediately might circumvent this. Just putting the idea out there and trying to boost awareness, we could either keep reporting games like this or just better prevent them from being possible.

Better to just report it and hope it gets taken down. Nothing ROBLOX can do atm until the engineers update the PromptPurchase screen.

The point of this post is they may not even be aware that this is an issue.

This is a really good report and I hope this is addressed; scummy methods like this used to take peoples money is a serious issue and should be treated with zero tolerance.

This has been brought up before, so it’s definitely not unknown.

I’m just not sure they’ve had time to rework it yet.

1 Like

@Kinnis97