AssetQuery - Find assets in your game with ease

AssetQueryLogo2

AssetQuery

AssetQuery is a Roblox plugin that allows you to search for assets in your game by asset id, it also allows you to list all of the assets that are in your game.

Use Cases

Getting rid of asset delivery errors and warnings.

Screenshot 2022-01-17 184412

Screenshot 2022-01-17 184815

Screenshot 2022-01-17 184520

When we get an error, or a warning message in the output window because of faulty asset, many of us probably experienced this at least once in our lives while developing one of our Roblox games, but many of us would not bother to find that one faulty asset especially for big or poorly organized games, however, with this plugin you can just paste the asset id in and it will find the location of the faulty asset for you.

Replacing assets in bulk.

Have you ever had a time where you had to replace bunch of assets? such as textures? you probably know how time consuming sometimes this process might be, however, with this plugin you can just paste the asset id of the asset that you want to replace, and then you can paste the new asset id and click replace, and ta-da! hundreds of assets were updated for you! Isn’t this cool?

Ownership check.

Have you ever wanted to make sure that all of the assets in your game are all yours? Well this plugin should satisfy you then!

Carious mind.

Perhaps you are just carious and you want to see what assets are in your game, this plugin might be for you then…

Core Features

• Search (aka find).
  • Replace.
  • Preview (asset name, icon, id, and creator).

Future Plans

• 3D preview for models.
  • Search Filters.

How to use

Searching
  1. Type asset id or URL of an asset in the search bar.
  2. Click “Find” button.

Replacing
  1. After searching for an asset, replace the text in the search bar with an asset id or URL of an asset that you want to replace the assets (shown in the search results) with.
  2. If you don’t want to include certain assets in the replacement process, simply click the “…” button on an asset card and click “Remove from List”.
  3. Finally, click the “Replace” button.

If you made a mistake, don’t worry; this plugin supports undo and redo features, so you can simply undo the action and the assets replaced will be reverted back to their pre-replacement form.

If you found a bug or it’s not finding your asset please let me know in the replies below. Like always, I am open for suggestions and feedback, if you have some :happy2:.

30 Likes
Added basic asset analysis and fixed few bugs.

Before

After

More analysis warnings will be added along with settings in the next update.

1 Like

Wow! This looks amazing!

I can’t wait to try this out.

2 Likes

I think your last update to add the issues system broke search / replace. I fixed it by correcting the spelling on the UseableProperties table (the spelling alternated between UseableProperties and UsableProperties and was broken), and correcting the instance[useableProperty] = replacementUrl to instance[useableProperty.name] = replacementUrl.

Overall a super helpful plugin, this is going to be a massive help in managing spritesheets!

3 Likes

Thank you for your feedback. Once I get home I will release the bug fix. if you have any suggestions let me know.

1 Like

Love this plugin! It is really useful and I recommend this to people reading.

2 Likes

really useful i needed it for finding error audios that werent owned by me. thank you so much!

2 Likes

it doesn’t work at all for me.

1 Like

Could you elaborate more on this? What doesn’t work? What is the issue?

2 Likes