Question about attaching files

Are we allowed to attach downloadable files to our posts? Haven’t quite figured that out yet. However, I see how attaching .exe files may be risky.

People don’t like it, and I feel that only jerks do it.

Maybe just certain types of files.

txt
ROBLOX logs
ROBLOX place
ROBLOX model

What do you think?

If you want somebody to download am executable file, it’s a much better option to link them to the origin. It’s better to avoid any kind of sketchy behaviour.

Edit: In reply to Reese, I’d personally just prefer we all use common sense, but you’re the boss.

[quote] Maybe just certain types of files.

txt
ROBLOX logs
ROBLOX place
ROBLOX model

What do you think? [/quote]

Ohhh that’d be wonderful. Support.

txt
ROBLOX logs
ROBLOX place
ROBLOX model

What do you think? [/quote]Yeah, I think that covers everything that should be allowed to be attached.

I found it in the settings. These are currently allowed, either entered by John or default with the forum:

txt,rtf,pdf,zip,tar.gz,tgz,tar.bz2,rbxl,rbxm,xlsx,xls,csv,log + all the image types

I’m not saying any should be removed but I’m open to suggestions. The use-cases for uploading a non-image file are pretty small. As a community we can just come down hard on anyone posting weird zips.

You could always compress a roblox file (all though I don’t see the point in this…)

A group of roblox files, or images.

txt
ROBLOX logs
ROBLOX place
ROBLOX model

What do you think? [/quote]

I think these are certainly good guidelines, but really it’s common sense. If you’re going to attach a file, let people know what it is and why you’re attaching it. Posting a ZIP and some pictures saying it’s a game you’re making and asking for feedback is vastly different from posting just a zip saying it contains something fun.

Aren’t we suppose to know what to upload and not, as we are not like roblox sign up, this is hand picked people, but ofc, if you do something bad you would get banned here aswell.

I believe somebody already tried to upload something malicious on here, but an admin went down pretty hard on 'em.