Question About ROBLOX Version History

I’m curious. I am currently working on a game that I had made something for but after opening the studio again a couple of days later, I came to see that a lot of the assets inside the thing I have made have gone missing. Naturally, I automatically thought to check the version history, copy the assets and paste them back into my current version because in between that time, a lot of progress has been made in the game and I can’t just resume developing for the previous version. So, after I revert back to the version with the assets and save them, can I revert back to my most recent version of the game again with all the progress we’ve made and paste them back in or is that not possible? I’m 99% sure I am able to do that, I just wanted to make sure.

1 Like

Create a new baseplate copy and paste teh old assets and check yourself, if it works it works, if it doesn’t it doesn’t

Yes, you should be able to revert back to the previous version with the missing assets, copy those assets, and then return to your most recent version of the game to paste them back in.

To be safe, it’s always a good idea to make a backup of your current version before reverting to a previous version, just in case there are any unexpected issues when trying to paste the assets back in. :smiley: