Quick Mesh Fidelity Changer v2.0.1 [UPDATED]

PluginIcon

Please keep in mind that this is my first plugin and I think it might be helpful to some developers.

Plugin - https://create.roblox.com/marketplace/asset/11266478954/Quick-Mesh-Fidelity-Changer?pageNumber=1&pagePosition=0&keyword=quick+mesh

This plugin allows you to convert every single mesh, or a selection of them, in your game to either performance or precise with one click of a button. This can be useful when importing things like Roblox’s Forest Pack (because 90% of the meshes it contains are set to performance). You can also change things like ModelLevelOfDetail and ModelStreamingMode.

However, if you don’t want to change every mesh in your game, I added another feature that lets you change a certain selection of meshes to performance or precise. The same thing works for models.

Current Features:

• Instantly Set The Render Fidelity Of All The Meshes In Your Game To Either Performance Or Precise.
  • Instantly Set The Render Fidelity Of A Specific Selection Of Meshes In Your Game To Either Performance Or Precise.
  • Instantly Set The LevelOfDetail Of All Models In Your Game To Either Disabled, StreamingMesh, Or Automatic.
  • Instantly Set The LevelOfDetail Of A Specific Selection Of Models In Your Game To Either Disabled, StreamingMesh, Or Automatic.
  • Instantly Set The ModelStreamingMode Of All Models In Your Game To Either Atomic, Default, Nonatomic, Persistent, or PersistentPerPlayer.
  • Instantly Set The ModelStreamingMode Of A Specific Selection Of Models In Your Game To Either Atomic, Default, Nonatomic, Persistent, or PersistentPerPlayer.

A video demonstration of the plugin can be found below:

I Hope You All Enjoy This Plugin!
(If You Run Into Any Issues Don’t Be Afraid To Let Me Know)

2 Likes

that sounds useful!!! i would see myself using this in the future.

2 Likes

Couldn’t you just run a command in the console to do this?

3 Likes

please fix your ui.
the plugin’s functionality can be done with the command line.

2 Likes

You would rather write the code every single time you want to change the render fidelity vs opening the plugin and have everything happen for you in one click? I see that being a hassle

1 Like

Can you tell me how I can improve the UI. I just wanted it to be simple and easy to understand but if you have an idea please let me know.

1 Like

bruh. I can make plugin like this in 10 minutes. I think existance of price on this… is unexplainable.

1. Get workspace / game descendants / selection objects
    2: loop this for every object:
    2.1 if object:IsA(“MeshPart”) then
    2.2 change fidelity

I think I’ll better select all mesh parts I need and change their fidelity with properties tab.

Congrats, You know how to make a plugin. However, there are some people who don’t know how to make a plugin that might find this useful. (such as the very first comment)

1 Like

Only post resources with a substantial free or open-source component here ( code must be open-source ). Post paid or closed-source service subscriptions, plugins, and other resources in #help-and-feedback:creations-feedback instead.

Quoted from the #resources:community-resources category rules.

2 Likes

Ok. I moved it to #help-and-feedback:creations-feedback

Why have a price tag on this? Anyone with barely any experience could throw it together in 5 minutes. And as others said, it would be much quicker to use the command bar rather than spend $1.50 on a plugin.

1 Like

New Update Released!

Changes:

• Improved plugin UI
  • Plugin now uses it’s own drag window system instead of the default roblox docking system
  • New options to change ModelStreamingMode and Model LevelOfDetail