Rate my GFX x/10

I’ve been in the meshing business for a long time now, and though that I have made custom asset’s. But I have now joined the GFX community and I designed this for a Russian start up group making pre made assets. Could you give me a rating from 1-10 and any areas I could improve.

Cheers!

30 Likes

9/10 It’s really good. I like the way you have the water reflection on the tank and troops. I don’t understand the importance of the sparks at the turret. It’s good but you obscure the visual detailed design on the turret. Overall like it a lot.

4 Likes

The sparks were to show a ricochet of a round that’s hit the turret, this can be seen as parts of metal armour coming off the tank, were the round has hit. Or just general sparks of the collision. But However cheers for the comment.

1 Like

edit: remark removed as it’s no longer accurate

Overall the image is quite neat, i would be okay with less white fog on the lower half though. That way i can see more of the image.

7 Likes

Thank you, I was going for a snowy foggy feel. But at a second look after your comment, I can see it’s a bit too much.

2 Likes

If you’re using Blender you can consider looking at a few mist pass tutorials. Quite easy to use, works great for snowy fog.

2 Likes

9/10, very good, maybe less fog though

2 Likes

10/10 i love tanks :clap: nice effects

2 Likes

I really like this, I give it a 9/10. However, the fog/smearing near the bottom is quite distracting and draws away from the scene that is going on.

2 Likes

Actually done in cinema 4D with built-in lighting plugin. The fog was done in Photoshop.

As shown

5 Likes

Neverytheless, really nice render, I always admire a great GFX Artist!

2 Likes

10/10 It looks really good, I love the shadowing and the foggy-feel to it. The water reflection is stunning BTWs, and the posing as well, you’ve done a fang-tastic job! Well done :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Looks very nice, I love the way the Floor is reflecting… and the sparks when it shoots, I would rate it…

8/10 - :star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star:

Cause it may need more details on the left side of the GFXimage

Anyways, Keep it up!

2 Likes

It looks really good, like how you removed the fog a bit of the gfx image. You really done a great!

Hope to see more of your. Work very soon keep it up.

10/9

4 Likes

It was a quick design, however when I do one next time I keep it in mind, cheers!

1 Like

Wooow man, this looks awesome!! I would say 10/10, how long have you been doing gfx?

2 Likes

Been doing GFX for about a month or two. But I am more a 3D modeller or graphic designer as that’s what I do in real life doing CGI.

2 Likes

Pretty alright rendering, I’d give it a 6/10.

Personally I do not like the Fog at the bottom of this picture, but it looks clean nonetheless.

1 Like

@TheGreatAIexander As already said the fog was done within Photoshop, and it was a quick render. But cheers for the comment and I will remember this for next time. :grinning:

2 Likes

Cinema 4d can simulate fog. Just add an environment and enable fog.

1 Like