[POLL CLOSED] Results on these ads I made

i make epic ads, i want feedbac
Rate them based on how many clicks u think they would get

i make epic ads, i got feedbac

It was so surprising to have this many people rate these ads that I decided to actually run them!

I put 50 Robux into each ad which yielded an average of 7185 impressions per ad.

The ads started running at around 12:00AM Central Standard Time ran for 24 hours.

CTR stands for Click Through Rate.
Keep in mind that factors such as adblock will have an effect on these results.

Here are the results!

77 Clicks, 1.08% CTR

0 voters

90 Clicks, 1.23% CTR

0 voters

30 Clicks, 0.41% CTR

0 voters

58 Clicks, 0.81% CTR

0 voters

121 Clicks, 1.67% CTR

0 voters

66 Clicks, 0.93% CTR

0 voters

27 Clicks, 0.38% CTR

0 voters

102 Clicks, 1.46% CTR

0 voters

This was the game I advertised;

The game itself was a basic F3X building game with some grief-preventing building plots I scripted.

While I was online in the game, I had around 2-3 people joining and leaving every hour or so.
This was not observed to happen when I was not in the game. In other words, players only joined pre-existing servers.

Thank you to those who participated in the poll!
These results were very interesting.

In my interpretation, it seems that everyone’s suggestion to have your ad say a message about your game is good advice.

Those who have ran ads in the past, I would appreciate it if you would reply with your ad and your CTR.

4 Likes

These are very mediocre version of ads, in my opinion you should not ask feedback on these as it will mostly all be negative because of how this post seems like a joke. I suggest looking up tutorials on how to make proper ad’s then come back for feedback, because these don’t seem like it would get very little to any attention. I also strongly suggest to keep working to get a good level of work, this will help you get commissions and orders.

Paint.net tutorial
Modeling characters tutorial

11 Likes

excellent work, but needs more bright pink comic sans and poorly cropped images with overlapping white backgrounds. 3.5/5

2 Likes

While “meme ads” may be enjoyable to some people, they’re simply going to be that. Something that someone sees, and then goes “ooooo, that’s funny” and move on. Think like scrolling through memes on Facebook or Reddit.

An advertisement, if you want to gain people who plan to be loyal to your product (whether this is members for a group, players for your game, or anything else) should set out to present the product in the most clear & concise way, while also being attractive.

Personally, I use Sponsors for games now rather than Ads, but here’s an older ad I made.

It got to the point, it’s a NASCAR game, and it talks about having a lot of tracks & cars. This was not that catching to the eye though to be honest. It was something I quickly did within my limitations at the time. One interesting aspect though about this ad format, was that I could make multiple with different sayings on it rather than “Driver a racecar is like dancing with a chainsaw.”

Having different sayings like this yielded different results for me, and then I could sit there and start spending money on only the versions that had a high CTR.

Doing a quick YouTube Search about Roblox Ads, here’s a better example of a Roblox Ad that is eye catching & to the point, done in a YouTube video by @moonfallx

7 Likes

The results on the poll is accurate if your Target Market is Dev Forum people however you should try spending some Money to advertise those ads, you never know the results until you try, maybe they perform better than traditional ads.

Throw everything everyone has ever said to you into the trash and do just this “Get people to click on your ad”, and all you need to worry about right now is “How do I get people to click on my ad”

That’s why Clickbait exist and people get paid to do it and do it well, but do NOT mistaken this as miss-leading for they are different strategies.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback everyone!
Sadly, I made the choice of linking this post in a discord channel with some interesting people, so this poll might or might not be a little offset.

These ads are not trying to be “high quality” by any means.
I threw all of these together in paint.NET using some memes on discord in less than 20 minutes.
I’m not really trying to get commissions or anything, just curious as to what people would click.
Decals aren’t really my thing, but here’s a link to my portfolio if you want to see some logos I’ve made: Portfolio by dispeller

Maybe I’ll spend a few hundred robux to test these ads out and post the results here once that’s done.

@desinied Thank you for your response.
I would by no means call this even close to mediocre so I appreciate your soft words :stuck_out_tongue:
My inner grammar nazi just had to mention this one tiny critique:

These are very mediocre version of ad’s

When referring to ads in plural, an apostrophe is not necessary.

Thank you for listening to my Ted Talk!

2 Likes

Never in my life will I guess what these banners advertise. Look at your work on behalf of an ordinary player and issue a verdict for yourself. I am not an aggressor, but this is really bad work.

3 Likes

pretty epic ads bro. good work.

2 Likes

Gonna be totally honest now, this is type of ad I would never click on.

Don’t want to sound rude, but what is this ad exactly for??
For a game? Then no, thank you. Not joining a game with ad like this.

1 Like

0/10 needs more comic sans and lens flare

1 Like

Some of the ads made me laugh, but I would never click on them

4 Likes

You should focus on learning how to make advertisements that would interest users and make them want to click on it. These are just semi-annoying advertisements that users would just pass through and a waste of money to advertise them in my opinion. Plenty of tutorials online on how to make advertisements!

1 Like

I feel like the strength with these ads is that they are interesting. If I was scrolling through the front page and saw one of these ads, I’d be confused and probably see what it is about.

Of course, this really depends on the game and its target audience. If your game is a joke and not meant to be taken seriously, then these would probably work.

1 Like

Not going to be rude I feel like you’re trying to meme but these are just down right low effort. Sorry but none of them were over one for me. I’d suggest using GFXs to use for your had. Foods has a good beginner video and then you can use HDRI for a better render.

1 Like

none of the ads show what the ads are for. its not even clickbaiting and just reminds me of a rushed meme slapped onto a roblox ad. some may look at it and be like “heh…whatever” or think its corny + unfunny (which sadly was my reaction) but besides that. as someone that sometimes clicks on ads… It’s something that nearly nobody will click on and thats not a good thing… recommend making an ad about the game you’re advertising, could even be a little comic thats drawn on ms paint, that would even perform better than those ads in general if they’re done right

These ads are very funny and some even made me laugh but I would just scroll past them like a meme you see on reddit, in my personal opinion meme ads don’t do their ad job very well as they do not really tell what game they will lead you too or many important information like that, hope this helped!

1 Like