RBLXGrassModule - [Open Source Module] [Discontinued]

What is RBLXGrassModule?

It is a module that generates grass around the player that get’s recycled making it slightly better for performance [Keep in mind that it is device dependant so devices that can barely run roblox will suffer heavily] compared to having alot of instances around the workspace. Also the module heavily customizable and open sourced.

For more information/Documentation look at the GitHub, Also Feel free to test out the module in the Showcase Place

GitHub: GitHub - Loomiquu/RBLXGrassModule-Deprecated: A simple Grass Module that is customizable & more optimization friendly by having a set amount and generating grass wherever the player is going
Documentation: Home · Loomiquu/RBLXGrassModule-Deprecated Wiki · GitHub
Roblox Link: GrassModuleV1.01 - Roblox
Showcase Place: GrassModule Example.rbxl (45.6 KB)

Feedback/Bug reports is appreciated! Feel free to modify the source code of the module to your liking

14 Likes

Streaming also does this, and Terrain.Decoration has its own version of this.

However, I like the fact that it’s customizable to the user’s liking.

This is really cool. This is a really cool resource for anyone looking to under stand client-sided ground decorations + interactions (ex: snow, mud, etc.)

Is there any way to whitelist certain parts/instances/terrain types from generating grass? I could see someone not wanting grass to appear through parts or on certain terrain types (like sand)?

Overall, really nice though. I love this and I’m excited to see any future updates to it!

(For anyone curious about what this looks like, here you go)

EDIT: Didn’t mean to reply to #2, my bad haha

The video does not load. I think you should fix that.

1 Like

Currently there isnt a whitelist to the instances it can be placed on, that’ll mostlikely be a future feature I’ll consider

or what is it used a zoneplus / regions, so you could define if you want, where it will appear?

Can you show a couple of demonstration videos?

that doesnt seem like a bad idea, I’ll consider adding that as a feature so you can specify what zone you could place it.