RDC Feature Ballot

Was results of this ever announced? I know that “Increase DevEx” won by a landslide but wouldn’t mind knowing what the rest of the stuff placed in the voting order.

11 Likes

No they didn’t announce anything about it but they have definitely been counting it. I think that Carlos told me that he was counting the marbles(?).

1 Like

I thought JParty mentioned he counted them when he was on stage for the Engineering Panel? Idk. I’d love to know how the community feels about things other than DevEx lol.

2 Likes

I was expecting them to announce it on Saturday, but I guess it’s more of a “post-conference” announcement thing.

1 Like

In my opinion, they shouldn’t have put “Increase DevEx Rates” as an option to vote on. Its obvious that it would win, which gives them inconclusive results for actual Roblox features.

5 Likes

I’m still confused on what they are going to do. The announcement was very vague. Is the Rank (by Gameplay Time) part of the Monthly Excel Stats where we can accurately check our games ranking by “Gameplay Time”? They said “Increase DevEx Rates” yet the announcement was for “30K a year for the top 1000 devs by gameplay” which seems really easy to get so I’m still very confused…

1 Like

They’ll hopefully take the other features into consideration, since they obviously knew that would get the most votes.

1 Like

That’s the hope, at least. I think based on a quick over view of the pebbles that my suggestion was around 4th. I keep telling people that with my suggestion it’s never been about winning, it’s about making enough noise for Roblox to see we care. I hope we’ve done at least that, for the racing community and others.

What was yours again?

I think it’s interesting how much more open they seem to ideas nowadays, both in general and especially at RDC itself. They were literally like “yeah, that’s a cool idea, we’ll work on it” to basically everything. I wonder if that’s just them saying that or if they’ll actually do it.

The one thing we’ll never get, though: offline studio.

3 Likes

Ahhh, yes that would be useful. And there’s plenty of other applications too.

2 Likes

I asked a particular staff member from DevRel about it when visiting the HQ to hangout with Interns on Tuesday. The count was done and talked about at a meeting. Not sure when/if results will be released though.

1 Like

Most or quite a few people put all 3 of their votes into the Dev-Ex rates, which makes it harder to see the other “Winners” other then just devex.

1 Like