RDC2020 Location Predictions

We know there will be one probably in SAN Francisco but where do you think the other one or more will be, even if it is a watchparty? I’m predicting there will be one in London.

6 Likes

Still holding out for a viewing party or meeting of some sort in Asia, lots of us here would attend I’m sure if it was to go ahead!

1 Like

Somewhere that’s affordable to fly to :sweat_smile: China would lit or Singapore, but Australia would trump all :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Affordable to fly to is subjective to who is flying from where and to

3 Likes

Affordable for the Eastern world :+1: XD $2,000 for me to fly to San Fran or London (or anywhere in the US/Europe :frowning: ) Just salty at the Europeans complaining at how ‘expensive’ it is to get to the US XD

2 Likes

According to the grand prizes it will be the same next year. I still hope the difference being next year it’s a full RDC and not a viewing party. London is quite a frustrating place to host such an event with recent safety/crime issues, travel issues, power issues. I would of hoped for a different EU location but hopefully better than nothing.

6 Likes

Please bring back RDC EU, I’d happily go to Amsterdam/San Francisco, the RDC London Viewing Party seemed like a let down.

8 Likes

So RDC EU has been confirmed and it doesn’t seem like it’ll be a viewing party experience given that it was handed out as a raffle prize. (why award a viewing party when you can give the full experience) and as @Monoread ‘s image confirms, it will be in London. They have also confirmed another San Francisco conference as well, so you have that to look forward to as well.

My thoughts are that they needed a year to sort it out, and given they’re announcing the existence of said events so early, this has the potential to be amazing.

3 Likes

Yes but for all Asia developers we have to spend at absolute minimum $500 to fly to San Fran with London even more expensive. For my case I have to spend $3000 to literally fly to San Fran, and many prominent Asian and Australasian developers face the same issue.

2 Likes

Bring it to 'straya, host it at a local Bunnings and give out snags to the devs. P

5 Likes

Crackin idea this one is!!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :smiley: :smiley: Get onto it Roblox :australia: :australia: :australia: :australia: :australia: :australia:

4 Likes

I predict there will be an RDC Australia so all 6 of us developers (give or take) can attend :sunglasses: :australia:.

4 Likes

Somewhere Affordable, I live in Africa and the fact that Flight Rates from here are way Expensive…and also Hotel Prices are gonna be another expense, Well if I went for RDC 2019 it would have been over $2500 altogether for me…that’s if I got Invited.

1 Like

Gotta cater to the masses :australia: :australia: :australia: :australia: :australia: :australia:

2 Likes

I don’t want to predict any location for RDC, I just want RDC EU back. :pleading_face:

6 Likes

London RDC not viewing party!!

5 Likes

I doubt it would be London, as then they couldn’t call it RDC EU. The fact we don’t even know how EU citizens can enter the UK means this is a very unlikely, and even cumbersome choice.

1 Like

Uh what do you mean by safety/crime issues. Crime is everywhere :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Germany idrk
–PostMustBe30Chars–

#antarcticawhen?

anyway, probably London or an Asian location. Possibly both - an increasing amount of developers live out of the United States. I’m interested in seeing how they arrange viewing parties and conferences in years to come.

1 Like