[REALISTIC] 3 Hour Island Speedbuild!

I’m currently doing a commission for someone and I thought I’d share my results with you guys, I hope you like it :). For further information: It is not finished, but as of how you currently see it, its been 3 hours in the making. The size is approx 850x850. Let me know what you think, it would mean the world :slight_smile:
My twitter: https://twitter.com/WSSI_Dev

74 Likes

This is definitely more impressive than anything that I could make. Even more so that this took you three hours. The building community doesn’t fail to make me gasp in awe.

Best wishes,
Brave

14 Likes

That you so very much! I really appreciate the kind words :slight_smile:, this community really is great!

8 Likes

Wow just outstanding! Also incredible job on making it seem so alive, it feels like so many things are happening which truly makes it look like nature. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

This is a very nice showcase you have made! The terrain you made looks outstanding, and the view looks amazing on the islands. The realism of it makes it unique and impressive the nature and detail is spot on.

Well there be other things placed on the island like a building or a hidden area in the mountain or in the water if there is one? I love how you made the realistic lighting and the variety of trees I think it fits well with the overall layout and design of the island. And for me it gives me a “welcoming” feeling when I look at it.

6 Likes

Thank you so much! The person who asked me to make this told me to add a wood cabin near the waterfall and a dock to the island, thats about it haha. I might work on it for fun after and try to expand it to add what you’ve mentioned. Thank you :slight_smile: hahhaha

3 Likes

This showcase is downright amazing, I thought I was looking at a google image there for a second. The detail overall on the nature is really good, none of its open, and its pretty good.

3 Likes

It really means alot to get comments like that :slight_smile: Thank you! Just for clarification, what do you mean “none of its open”?.

Wait this only took 3 hours? This is amazing keep up the good work! This is very impressive work and I hope to see more of it.

2 Likes

Thank you so much! Yep, three hours, no stop, it started out as this haha

2 Likes

Sorry for not clarifying. What I mean by “none of its open” is you filled every gap with nature, flowers, trees, etc.

Oh yes, I wanted to really bring out the nature and considering I used terrain, I kinda had to haha. Its not quite finished though :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Im also planning something much much bigger and more detailed :wink:

2 Likes

I’d like to see you make a volcano type showcase for some reason.

1 Like

Is this in its entirety made in blender?

1 Like

Wait im not very smart, the plants and nature etc are blender models yes!

Some assets such as rocks and mushrooms and all of the terrain is studios

What are tips to get good at terrain in studio?

1 Like

OMG THATS AMAZING…I CAN’T IMAGINE HOW YOU DID THAT. I MADE SOMETHING like that but it looks bad… I can’t think of ANY SUGGESTIONS because

IT IS SOOOOOOOO GOOD! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!! (I could never ever in my life make something like this)

2 Likes

Huh thats actually a good question. Ill give you my opinion. When making something with terrain try and have an outline, sketch something using terrain editor to get a basic shape. Once you’re happy with it, you can start building around it. Make sure however, that you do layer by layer as it will keep the process smooth and natural (as in you don’t loose the shape). Remember, the terrain doesnt have to look like an art piece either, what counts is what you make with and what you put on it!

2 Likes