Recent Studio Update - Malfunctioning

Reproduction Steps

This may or may not work for other developers, but opening a place using the Edit button on the website Create/Places page produces this result for me.

Expected Behavior

The entire Studio is behaving strangely.

Actual Behavior

• The below issues only occur when opening a Place with the Edit button from the website Group Creations page, not the studio application (opening a game from the Studio application works just fine - but you can only open start places from the Studio app)
  • Output, Explorer, and Properties windows were closed by default upon opening Studio
  • Studio window always says ‘Update Available’ even after updating multiple times and reinstalling Studio
  • Camera FOV was at 30 by default
  • Testing the game with test servers produces the following, never before seen errors:
    • ‘API Disabled in RCC Channel’, while attempting to use BadgeService:AwardBadge() server side
    • ‘509: Data Store operations blocked while running on a Personal RCC to prevent possible data corruption’ when using DataStore

Workaround

Opening the Places I need to work on via opening the start place and then the intended place using the Asset Manager is the only current workaround.

Issue Area: Studio
Issue Type: Other
Impact: Moderate
Frequency: Very Rarely
Date First Experienced: 2022-08-07 17:08:00 (-04:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2022-08-08 00:08:00 (-04:00)

4 Likes

Hey Chad,
Thanks so much for your report! We believe we have fixed all your API disabled/Data store issues. The others we are still looking into.Could you also post your studio version in the studio you are having all theses issues with (Found in File->About Roblox Studio).

4 Likes

Hey Posh, thanks for the reply! The issue seems to be gone now, it looks like it was mostly fixed!

EDIT: Let me get the version anyway for you, fetching now…
Version 0.538.0.5380364 (64bit)

2 Likes