Recruiting a texture artist

Hello there,

I’m John and I’m currently looking for a texture artist. I don’t really know much about textures but I want really good looking textures. If you don’t mind I would like to possibly have them copyrighted so I won’t have anyone taking something I payed to have custom made. If I don’t find someone I think I might just use some online free textures or textures you can buy if I don’t find someone sufficient. Let me know what you fellow developers think about both sides. Finding someone to do my own custom textures or using pre-made online once’s. If you want to apply the requirements are down below. Thanks from John.

• Must be at least 13
  • Must have a discord
  • Must have some of your work to show
  • Must be able to join the required group
  • Tell a price range
1 Like

As a builder myself its a bit hard to get the texture’s to look 100% and to look real like its there and the worst part is aligning… I myself google most of the textures and I don’t think its that good of an idea to have like a custom one example of a brick wall because that’s easily to get and your be kind of wasting money where you can spent it somewhere more efficiently but for some that its hard to get… or want a specific look I’l say to have a custom one. And by Copyrighting you wont be doing much… let’s face it people use copyrighted images all the time AYE but you can take them down then…

I sometimes use this website maybe it will help you out https://www.textures.com/
Hope my opinion helps you

CrazySnoopylove

2 Likes

I’d create a post in #development-support:design-support to discuss whether to use free textures or pay someone to make textures as this is category is for finding people to work with you not to discuss whether Idea A is better than Idea B.

Also I would put what you will be willing to pay per texture, and actually what kind of textures you need. Textures is pretty vague. Textures for weapons? Textures for Characters? Textures for Parts?

Well I’m recruiting and that’s what I meant the main idea to be. So I might I might not…

If you want to discuss, put it in the design category as it makes sense to be there.

Your post is still too vague imo as you don’t specifiy the type of texture. There are many different types of textures. Some artists may only do weapon textures, some might make textures which act like materials. You need to be more specific.

For now I’ve flagged the post, if you update it with the approiate info I’ll unflag.

I’ll just use a free program. Thanks everyone.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.