Remote event not firing

Basically, the remote event is not firing. Everything is correct. If you need code just ask me

sorry, but just now for some reason it works again. i will reply if anything goes wrong (i didn’t change any code i just added a wait(1) before the onserverevent line)

2 Likes

If possible both codes or the part of the fire event and event listener would be great, do you get any errors?

nope, no errors. client side prints sent but server not get it. but now its fixed i just added a wait(1) because all the server scripts thx for replying tho have a nice day :smiley:

Kinda wierd that the wait(1) would fix this. It could be code smell, like there’s an inherent problem. I’ve never heard of this situation before.

1 Like

I think the problem may be that you’re possibly not using :WaitForChild() when getting the remote event on the server end. (don’t know for sure, cause you didn’t show us any code). I would not say your situation is solved yet until you find the actual source of the issue.

For example, you should do this whenever referencing a remoteevent:

local ReplicatedStorage = game:GetService('ReplicatedStorage')
local remoteEvent = ReplicatedStorage:WaitForChild('RemoteEventName') -- replacing 'RemoteEventName' with whatever the name of your remote is

Instead of this:

local ReplicatedStorage = game:GetService('ReplicatedStorage')
local remoteEvent = ReplicatedStorage.RemoteEventName

Hope this helps

Where exactly are your scripts located? And yes, i’d like to see the code.