Replace LocalPlayer in a Server Script

Hi! Is there any way to replace LocalPlayer inside a Server Script? I would appreciate any kind of help.

3 Likes

No there is not , through Server Scripts the Local Player property is nil .

If you want to access a player individually through a Server Script try iterating through an array of all players using Players:GetPlayers() , as demonstrated below :

local Players = game:GetService("Players")
  for _, individualPlayer in ipairs (Players:GetPlayers()) do
      print(individualPlayer.Name)
  end

You can also access an individual player through firing events, when you receive the data sent from a specific Client, like :

event.OnServerEvent:Connect(function(player)
    print(player.Name)
end) -- etc.

but this and the next methodology are just places where you access a specific Client .

Another place where you can access the Local Player is when you run a function for a player when the PlayerAdded event fires for a Client, for example :

Players.PlayerAdded:Connect(function(player)
    print("This is a specific Client : "..player.Name
end)
9 Likes

Thanks man! I will try my best on this.

1 Like

Wait, and what about “:GetPlayerFormCharacater”??

1 Like

Yes several more ways exist, my post only explains some of them.

2 Likes

GetPlayerFromCharacter() is a function which will help you get the player if you have its character. For example:

game:GetService("Players"):GetPlayerFromCharacter(workspace.pranvexploder)

It can be used only if you know who the character is and want to have its player.

There are alternatives to this too, for example:

game:GetService("Players")[workspace.pranvexploder.Name]

This would get a player of by iterating through all the players and finding the name I specified, i.e, pranvexploder.

The other one:

game:GetService("Players"):FindFirstChild(workspace.pranvexploder.Name)

Where it basically does kinda the same thing as above but it returns nil if it doesn’t find the player, instead of throwing an error.

But finally, why alternatives when you have a specific function to get the player from the character?

4 Likes