Hi everyone! I was recently inspired to construct a relatively advanced game with a few goals in mind:
- Research topics using real, hard science to expand and greaten your faction/civilization/species/empire.
- Research by designing modules in a 3D (Possibly viewport frame) viewer in game, and testing if they work. For example, you can add a electro magnet in an array, then a generator. Congrats you made a magnetic barrier.
- Build and construct roles for your faction/civilization.
- Capture planets and the largest possible region of space possible to win.
- Go to planets and set up mining facilities to gain resources.
- Use resources and build superstructures, megastructures, ships, defenses, offenses, etc.
What I need help with.
All I request is a tutorial for a flight system, turret system, and how to create some sort of 3D builder. I would like a tutorial and not some sort of free model or community resource just to leech off of. I would definitely like some sort of way to learn a lot of this.
I would also like some advice on where to start, keep in mind that I’m not looking for profit, so I would like some advice in a stance of learning and completing the game instead of expanse and profit.
For those that think I shouldn’t jump to this:
I will be ignoring these comments, the only way to learn in development is to push yourself and expand further. Plus, I’m a quick learner.
I deeply apologize for this big ask, and I’m not sure if it’s allowed or even goes in this topic, but I would like to do this game, and I want to do it while I’m still inspired.
P.S. I have the scientific, hard research covered since I am quite knowledgeable of that.