Requesting Art Feedback!

really cracking down on my semi-realism atm to aid with my commission work, and I’m halfway through this piece of Ranboo and something just seems off?? Idk man, hit me, what should I fix up! Thanks
-void/imaginyan

3 Likes

I think part of your issue is that there’s a lot of negative space to the right. You can either crop the image or fill in that area with something.

2 Likes

The difference in brush size and sharpness around the eyes does produce some noticeable contrast, I feel like everything should, at least feel at the same image quality but because the details is utilizing what appears to be a sharper brush it doesn’t feel organically part of the image.

1 Like
  • Adding shading to the blue part(I assume you will do something with this later)

• As @Endedbox45 said, there is a lot of nothingness in the center. Try to make a background that would look interesting, but wouldn’t drown out the drawing of Ranboo

• I am not an artist myself, but I think adding a single point of light in would help just a little bit.

The hair already looks really good; as well as the mask. Keep up the good work!

“The line just isn’t cutting it for a background”

1 Like

the blue things behind the character are messily drawn and have splotchy areas. plus, there’s a strange line in the white space. try looking at your layers to see which layer it’s on and erase it.

Aside from the suggestions above, it looks amazing so far. I also recommend doing something with the eye, maybe draw a pupil and make the blue darker - navy blue, kinda similar to the hair and skin tone or a grayish-green color.