Reset #Visits each time paid-access is toggled

As you can see, there are less than 80 purchases, but over 67,000 visits. This can be a bit misleading for players looking to purchase the game. The may think to themselves “Wow! Over 67,000 visits; this place must be amazing!”, only to find out that they just blew money on a game released that day which happened to re-use a place. Another alternative would be to move the paid access setting to the “Create a place” page, and modify the current setting in the place configuration to only be capable of turning paid access off.

Edit: I feel it’s only fair to mention the people who pointed out the issue:

No.

No.

Are you feeling constructive today and want to explain why, or are you just going to spam? Because if there’s a legitimate reason to keep your stats when you make a game paid access that isn’t scammy, it’d be great to know.

Because, why should they be reset every time you toggle paid access? It doesn’t cause as much confusion as you’re making it out to, and frankly, wiping the place visits is more of a problem that then one you described.

Because, why should they be reset every time you toggle paid access? It doesn’t cause as much confusion as you’re making it out to, and frankly, wiping the place visits is more of a problem that then one you described.

I like to do free weekends some times on paid access games, so each time I do this I will lose all my visits on the place? No.

I feel like the place visits stat itself is redundant in paid games and should be hidden. The sold count works just fine.

You’re likely correct that resetting stats on places is more trouble than it’s worth, so perhaps moving paid access to the “Create a Place” page and modifying the the regular configuration to only be capable of turning it off would be a better move. As for the reasoning, it’s in the beginning of the OP – the third sentence to be precise. It’s seeming like you read the title and nothing else. It’s also certainly more of an issue than you think it would be – on the first day the place in the OP opened, the comments are already populated by numerous remarks about the visit / purchase ratio. One of the comments I linked in the OP was by a user who purchased access only to find out that it was new.

Ripull, you’d use a separate place for that. You have your always-open paid-access beta game, and then on the weekends, you open up a separate, public place in which you add a link to the beta game for when it’s not public. There’s a reason this is a lot worse than you’re thinking it could be – paid access games can only be entered after you paid for it. The user doesn’t even get to see the contents of the place until after they pay for it, so it’s essential that all stats are bloated as minimally as possible.