Return "Featured" category on Catalog, or allow users to exclude certain categories from their search

As a Roblox user, it is currently too hard to find non-classic clothing items all in one place and do so reliably. While the Featured category was imperfect and often neglected some UGC items, it was the best place to find both official Roblox and UGC items all in one place. It’s removal on this most recent update has broken links users used to find the latest uploaded 3D items, bundles, faces, and animations. For those invested in the fashion side of Roblox, this method of sorting the catalog was a must. Now, using the All Items category, there is no way to exclude classic clothing, so classic clothing completely clutters the search.

If Featured could be added back to the catalog, that would be incredible and save users a lot of time trying to find newly released items that aren’t classic clothing.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because I used this method to add fitting items to my games for character customization. Without Featured, I have to go through multiple links instead of an all-in-one category to find non-classic clothing items, and that’s just a hassle.

8 Likes

Having to go from this (one link for everything that isn’t classic clothing):
Screen Shot 2022-11-18 at 2.02.10 PM
to this (which completely excludes layered clothing because now there’s no catchall category for it):
Screen Shot 2022-11-18 at 2.02.10 PM copy
is actually mildly infuriating.

3 Likes

Roblox has recommendations, doesn’t it? On the main tab of the catalog, things are displayed that are of interest to you, or built on the last request.

This isn’t what we want. No one looking for the latest items uses Recommended.