Quick note to anyone wanting to do a livestream with this game: Don’t. It is probably better to play the actual Roblox Battle because this has no real extra features.
If anyone remembers, in 2013, there was a game called ROBLOX Battle, produced by the games team, and it was super innovative with its 3D menu. Unfortunately, it is somewhat old in security and features. So, I decided to rework a lot of the game to get it up to date.
Major features I put in:
- FilteringEnabled (any good Roblox developer uses it)
- ModuleScripts over 18 Server Scripts all with bindable objects
- HttpService JSON functions over RBXUtility
- DataStores over DataPersistence
- Removed any need for loadstring(), and disabled it
- ModuleScript storage of values over values in models
- Moved the MainScript to ServerStroage, and sorted the things in Lighting to ServerStorage or ReplicatedStorage. Hopefully less will need to replicate on join
Minor features I put in:
- A better way to test out new gamemodes
- Added to the taser, may add a gamemode for it
- Neon for the lobby
- More GUI stuff handled on the client
Things I took out (and did not replace):
- AdService stuff (looked weird how it was put in, need to rethink how to implement it)
[strike]2. The Shard map (no free model that was not at Y=-2^32 that did not lose a lot of accuracy. )
[/strike] Edit: Something glitched, and I got the code behind it.
- All the non-basic armor (did not look for free models of them yet. Need to decide if I will )
The big goal was to be able to add stuff to it (which is a lot easier now how it is set up), and not be exploitable (FilteringEnabled, loadstring disabled, etc), and to turn the 331 warnings to 0. This took me about 5 days to complete, and I will not be monetizing it and such until I add more stuff. I have a list of ideas I can put in, and will work on some of those features.
Another side note is the original game normally has 25-30 players on at any point, so it is not a dead game.
Place link: http://www.roblox.com/games/264182869/ROBLOX-BATTLE-REWORKED
Anyone have thoughts, suggestions, issues, or anything to say?