Roblox Developer Forum Logo Updated

Why didn’t we think of this

Everyone here except maplestick is living under a rock

9 Likes

It’s fine IMO as long as it’s consistent with everything else.

As has been said a couple of times in the topic, the studio logo is actually meant to represent the development side of Roblox as whole.

Just a few messages up I suggested a way to keep this consistent and more obvious.

You’ll get used to it, also. I already have, and I think it looks nice when used in tandem with other services Roblox provides (as long as what I suggested goes through, anyway).

IMPORTANT

I think we should all decide on something and create a proper request in #inception-forum to make this easier on the people reading this and whoever will have to read through 200 posts to make a decision.

That is, if a decision needs to be made.

I’m okay with it… but I’m not ok with the low-res.

2 Likes

Neat :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

@maplestick is just more woke than all of us combined.
But still. Like, maybe…

17 Likes

looks… interesting

5 Likes

Make text white, black is too hard to see.

Gotta be consistent too :wink:

2 Likes

While I do feel the “new logo” being the Studio one is a bit of an “ehh” thing, as others are mentioning, I feel this is more on how the logo change was presented, rather than the logo itself.

Had the post mentioned how things are trying to be made consistent from the start, maybe shifted the logo’s meaning from “Studio” to “General Development” it would have been better received, but the post feels like it’s shifting to something new.

Personally, it’s an alright logo, and works good for what it’s going for. The only real “negative” I can think of other than needing to better push what I mentioned in the previous paragraph is the word developer under the logo, which as others have mentioned, doesn’t really look too good at such a small size. Even past that, it feels rather redundant in it’s full size. If the logo is made to represent development in general, why do we need to add the word “Developer” and repeat ourselves?

7 Likes

11 Likes

Your wish. My command.

Edit:
I’m just gonna point out that making all these variations of this dumb studio logo with Developer slapped on it has caused me to get a fat stack of likes. My stats are getting fatter and fatter from this thread.

16 Likes

Not bad. Not bad at all.

3 Likes

Yeah, sorry about that. When there’s been a ton of discussion about it internally, sometimes it’s easy to forget what needs explaining from the ground up. Knowing what would be posted, we probably would have included more information, but it’s impossible to predict and we can’t go back now.

3 Likes

Although it’s the studio icon, I really like it!

what if we put another line through it

The studio icon itself isn’t bad, I don’t see why people are suggesting changes to it. The only issue is with the text looking cheap and empty.

3 Likes

hmm, just made this
logo

[EDIT]: Higher Quality:

29 Likes

Unattractive reuse of the studio logo. I can see its legitimacy from the fact that Roblox might be shifting this into some sort of general “Development” logo, but the developer forums is more of a standalone UX tool that should have a diversified logo; at least even a little bit.

imo.

19 Likes

Just a suggestion for the image on the forum
The wording “Developer” doesn’t really fit, should be like “Developers” or "Developer Forum"
Also the logo on the long one should be as big as possible, as in take up as much vertical space as possible, i think it’d look nicer.

2 Likes

I say that the Roblox Dev Relations team creates a contest for the new logo. Then let the developers that actually make up the forum vote on which we want to represent us.

1 Like

The Roblox DevForum is made up of many people that are not just studio developers. I believe that we represent the leaders of the Roblox community. We are much more than just studio users.

We are builders, scripters, designers, group owners, players, creators, and social innovators.

8 Likes