Roblox Developer Forum Logo Updated

I want an orange logo

How about a plain logo to stop the arguments :thinking:

or…?

3 Likes

Purple is more a Next Level thing.
And idk. The Orange, by itself, is tacky. Unless spruced up by another color (like the Dominos logo had red/gray to pair with it) it’s just not very nice on the eyes.

7 Likes

Yea, that’s why I think it should just stay blue.

Just add white text to the inside instead of how it is now.

1 Like

I don’t see why users can’t get used to it. Feedback concerning the logo long-term is awesome, but anything regarding getting used to the logo is pretty trivial – any short term problems will be extremely minor.

4 Likes

Or Roblox Red though. Roblox Red shows this site is more about Roblox Development than about Studio based Development. Many people have made the point that many people here are about Roblox, not Studio. (Gfx, Blendr based users, etc, etc)

7 Likes

That makes a lot of sense IMO. We already have the same logo being used for the wiki, but we don’t have the same being used for the Roblox website (difference = line).

2 Likes

What if we did TWO lines to show exclusiveness?

This is half a joke and half seriousness lol.

6 Likes

Thats what @RBXKyle 's forums has…
doesnt look bad.

The one I haven’t been accepted / invited to yet… ;(

Tbh I forgot what his logo looked like. But, yea, and it looks good.

1 Like

I think what they’re trying to get across is that the blue logo shows anything to do with development, including shirts, music, graphics, 3d models. That all comes under the ‘development’ bracket.

As developers ourselves, we completely understand what Roblox is and in our minds, there is a clear divide between playing games and developing games. The old tactic of Roblox used to be that you’d play some games made by other people, but quite a large portion of the games you played would be made by you or your friends. As developers have progressed and the platform has become very advanced compared to those days; normal users cannot create anything anywhere near the level of quality that a front page or even a somewhat popular game has.

I think this change is aimed at creating two clear ‘sections’ of Roblox. The red logo is recognizable by everyone as the logo of a platform for kids to play games on that is well polished and safe. The blue logo is likely unrecognisable by quite a large portion of the player base, and in a way this is a good thing, it makes it seem that Roblox and it’s development platform are two different entities; making development seem like more of a skilled task, and therefore taking away some of the fear that the games are made by inexperienced children who could put any kind of inappropriate items in the game.

If as a normal Roblox player, you came across this site or any other ___.roblox.com domain, which had a different logo to the normal roblox website you’d be naturally inquisitive about what the purpose of it is. Now on devforum.roblox.com and wiki.roblox.com the blue logo is present; showing to users that unless they are interested in developing games there is nothing to do on these pages. I think it basically just takes away the previous complexity of having all these logos.

new logo has already grown on me tbh, it’s really not that big of a deal dudes. It’s an image. We’re all creators who are obviously going to have their own ideas, but we aren’t the ones running the site.

8 Likes

Yeah, I agree, however they should copy what they did with this logo and apply it to all other entities to do with development.

I think the only change that needs to be done to the new logo in this context is change ‘Developer’ to ‘Forum’, as developer should be going unsaid.

The wiki should have the blue logo, with ‘Wiki’ underneath, etc.

6 Likes

Is there anything we’re missing? Was pretty sure we got everything: Studio, devforum, wiki.

2 Likes

You just took the studio logo and wrote “developer” under it. I prefer the old one for its uniqueness and how it stood out from other forms of branding on Roblox.

7 Likes

The wiki doesn’t. It just uses the studio icon.

The studio icon shouldn’t be changed as it could be defined as the prime service with this logo, however it might follow logic to give it ‘studio’ text (if the logo represents the developer side as a whole, not a single app)…

1 Like

Perhaps the “develop” subsection of the site itself, but I don’t see where you’d put the icon there.

2 Likes

The favicon hasn’t been updated with the new logo (yet?)

1 Like

https://devforum.roblox.com/uploads/default/original/3X/9/2/9276998ee018aec3d97b0bac74a8b6942031bb05.png

13 Likes

What if the rbxdev logo is green? Then we got the whole RGB spectrum!

35 Likes

Pros:

• New look for the developer forum, replacing an old logo
  • Matches the rest of Roblox’s logos

Cons:

• Looks like something a child could slap together in MS Paint
  • Using the studio logo is sending the message that if you don’t use studio you aren’t invited which would mean clothing designers, artists, youtubers, streamers, etc. don’t belong which is just wrong
  • The actual condensed icon looks terrible in the topbar as the word “Developer” is really small and not a bold font
  • The font looks like the default font in any image editor and not something that time or care went into
  • I have already seen quick concept designs in the replies that blow this design out of the water

My thoughts:
I am more than appalled that Roblox thought this logo was high enough quality to make it an official icon. It does not represent the community here as a whole and is much less creative than the previous logo. I hope that it does not stay long.

28 Likes