Roblox Group duplication error

I was creating a group to make games with my friend and then I tried to put names and it said something like “unknown error” or something like that on the top of the Roblox page then I tried another name and it said the same thing so then I tried another name and it worked and then this happened

It made the “UnknownError” groups for free. It only took 100 Robux out of my account for only 1 group

It shows that 300 has been taken out but I remember having like 1,060 Robux before purchasing a group and now I have 960 Robux.

I will send the bugged groups in case you want to delete them or something
Glitched groups:
Group 1: Simple Gamesˢᴳ - Roblox
Group 2: Simple' Games - Roblox

Thanks for reading, have a nice day!

19 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed a ticket to our internal database and we’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

7 Likes

I had this happened to me multiple times, from my experience it happens when you double click “create group”

3 Likes

Thanks for the additional info!

2 Likes

This happened with my sister. It only showed one transaction though, not three.

1 Like

I was making a group with my friend. I had 745 Robux and after buying the group, I had a message saying “Unknown Error”. I went back to the home, then to “Groups”, I was about to go back to creating another group because I assumed it was because the name was taken or my internet being laggy. But then I saw the same group and it was in my possession. I looked at my Robux and it was the same! I got this group for free and I’m worried if it looks like I purposely did it and getting a punishment from it. The group in question is this:
https://www.roblox.com/groups/12253815/Eco-Entertainment#!/about
I would appreciate any help from anyone, thank you!

1 Like

Hi! I just had this happen to me and I was very confused on why it gave me 2 Groups, I hope you guys can fix this thank you so much. I would like to stay with the one allied to my other group. The other one thats no affiliated can be removed. Thank you so much!

2 Likes

This is what happened with me too, it gave me an unknown error, then I went back and saw it had created 2 groups but only got charged for 1

2 Likes

There’s a couple other people in this thread who have also experienced this issue.
It looks like it’s not possible to reliably replicate it, it’s just random to who gets it and when. With how it looks it doesn’t seem to be a big issue (considering nobody loses anything and it can’t be abused to anyones knowledge)

1 Like

I tried the same and ended up making 4 groups after it repeatedly told me the name was invalid. I was charged for 1.
41733a9737ed4f3dfab660b34583972f

This was on an alt.

3 Likes

It happened with me too

They just took 100robux for making groups

1 Like

This is pretty annoying if you just want to create a group.

Some people will having problem on thinking which is Official which is not

Happened to me and lost 500 robux

you lost 500 robux with 5groups??

The part I’m most confused about is how they are all copies of the same thing but two have 1 member and one has 2 members.

why not? just another man joined group

But if the others are copies, should the members be copied too?

No, its not. that groups are each groups and has another names

1 Like

Sorry about the confusion I invited a friend to join that ONE group I wanted to use.

1 Like