ROBLOX installer crashes whenever I attempt to install

ROBLOX wouldn’t open at all initially, so I uninstalled and tried to re-install again. For some odd reason, whenever I install ROBLOX, it crashes and the install does not entirely finish. I cannot find any way to fix this. STUDIO is also uninstalled and idk how to get that to work. If someone could help that’d be great. Thanks!

11 Likes

Have you checked this out?

Also, have you checked antivirus? Maybe it’s blocking something, try disabling it.
You can also try googling “roblox general issues” and maybe you’ll find what you need

3 Likes

Yeah, the endless install loop is not the problem. The launcher will crash as soon as the installer says “configuring ROBLOX”.

3 Likes

Also, have you checked antivirus? Maybe it’s blocking something, try disabling it.
You can also try googling “roblox general issues” and maybe you’ll find what you need

1 Like

I did all of that and none of it seems to be helping. I never ran into any issues in the past and I tried disabling firewall and all antiviruses to see if ROBLOX would install, and it still crashes. I dont know what’s causing this and it is keeping me from working on my ROBLOX projects. Are there any other ways to fix this? Anyone?

3 Likes

Can you check the roblox folder, versions, and report what’s listed there?

ROBLOX folder? You mean the one in temp, or program files? I tried to get rid of everything ROBLOX related in my files to try to fix this

1 Like

Go to

%localappdata%\Roblox\Versions

Then make a screenshot of the contents

https://gyazo.com/f0ffb45df15a94ae66d77acc400d0d68

https://gyazo.com/eb87d6cdcc8b453071ef078c8f2b215d

I even tried downloading an older version, then updating to see if that would work as a loophole. Doesnt work either.

Do you have any antivirus programs running?

Only Firewall, and a Windows defender program I’ve had ever since I’ve had this computer. ROBLOX has worked fine until now. As a matter of fact, I disabled all antiviruses to see if ROBLOX would work and it still crashes.

Disable antivirus only when dowloading/installing ROBLOX. Otherwise it probably won’t work.

Next time it crashes, can you go to your %temp% folder and send me the recent roblox logs from in there?

My entire Temp folder

By the way, I tried clearing it and installing which still crashed. :frowning:

So, the .txt files in that folder that start with RBX are the log files I’m referring to. When it crashes, please send me the associated log files (should have a similar timestamp).

It made 2 text documents when it crashed. Here they are. It also made a .tmp as well

1 Like

Hm… there doesn’t appear to be anything bad in the logs. Have you tried removing Studio from your registry after an uninstall? If you aren’t sure how to do this (This can harm your machine if done incorrectly), send me a pm and I’ll give you instructions.

Also, what do you mean by “crash”? Is it freezing, giving an error pop-up, just closing without warning, etc.?

1 Like