Roblox Jumping Animation Overwrites Custom Animation

I’ve ran into an issue while making a gun system in where the animation gets overwritten on other clients when the player jumps.

GIFs of the issue:
What the local client sees: LINK TO IMGUR GIF
What other clients see: LINK TO IMGUR GIF

Specifics:

• This issue ONLY occurs when the player has a custom jump animation equipped on their avatar. (does not happen with the default jump animation)
  • All gun animation tracks are set to priority levels in the animation editor that are above “Core”.
  • The gun is created locally on each client.

I did some digging into the custom Roblox jump animations and found that their priorities were set to “Action” when imported into the animation editor. I’m not sure if there’s anything I can do to stop the animation from getting overwritten when the player jumps, and I’ve exhausted all the ideas I can think of.

If anyone has any solutions that would be much appreciated.

EDIT: I did a little more playing around and realized that this also occurs in things like the officially endorsed gun system made by Roblox (Weapons Kit | Roblox Creator Documentation). I don’t know if this is supposed to be intended behavior, because the “standard” animations don’t have this issue while player equipped custom ones do. If anyone has any insight and workarounds please let me know.

Set the animation’s priority to action.

1 Like

I am completely aware, and animations that have been set to the “Action” priority are still affected when viewed at on other clients.