Post Has Been Closed

Please make your resource fully available from this thread without the barrier of needing to join a Discord server. If you are unable to do so, please make the appropriate changes to make this happen or change the category.

If you are posting a resource, then socials and such should only be extras for the thread, not the main part of the thread and certainly not the only way to retrieve the resource. It should also be FOSS (free and open source software); if it is neither free nor open source, it must go in Cool Creations.

This is specified in the category guidelines, which you are encouraged to read before creating a thread in this category.

@ZacBytes I think the simple answer there is literally not making a ranking bot the group owner.

Since it’s completely free, it’s pretty hard to trust.
People on this team cannot be fully trusted by your customers. To make yourself trustful, you should include reviews from customer that actually bought the product and are real, not bots. I also suggest reading what other people have said down below in the reply section.
Anyways I wish you the best of luck, stay safe and goodbye!
<3

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback!!!

Just a side note, CampFire is another great Rank Service which I recommend you use. They actually have reviews unlike us and help big groups such as the Emerald Theatre.

There is no reason to pick us instead of other services. We all have our Pros and Cons.

So after joining the server and looking around at the module provided. I wouldn’t trust this product personally. Could it be legit? Yes. Problem I see right off the bat is the free service to utilize his bot service, which is in of itself suspicious. Everything is closed sourced (apart from the module, which doesn’t shed any light). So I really can’t tell you if this bot will or will not steal group funds if accidentally given access.

All Rank Services do this. If you really are suspicious, create your own with the help of @CAP7A1N’s tutorial.

It also uses NoBlox.JS which you CAN NOT steal funds with.

I keep seeing this concern about potential theft of group funds. As I’ve mentioned earlier, the simple answer here is not to make a rank bot the group owner and not hook up the bot to your own account. If the service provides bots, then actions will just get performed from that account.

Group funds theft is a non-problem.

1 Like

As @colbert2677 said, don’t give the bot any other types of permissions, just ranking permission. Another way to keep safe,

DO NOT MAKE THE BOT THE HIGHEST ROLE! This will make sure Developer Roles etc… can not be ranked to the lowest rank.

Why should we use your service instead of just following CAP7A1N’s tutorial?

1 Like

So I really can’t tell you if this bot will or will not steal group funds if accidentally given access.

I’m more worried about individuals giving the bot full group permissions, probably on accident. Although yes the simple answer is to not make that mistake, mistakes can happen. If given permissions, the bot can withdraw funds.

@dibblydubblydoo
Our service is 24/7 and hosted on a VPS. This is better than Glitch hosting as Glitch is deleting projects that self ping themselves to keep 24/7.

@CylochDev
No one can change group role perms except the owner of the group. Correct me if i’m mistaken.

That’s not the fault of the service maintainer then, that’s your own for not being cautious in what permissions you’re giving the bot and risking incidents like that. You also have the option to just not use this service and write your own if you are this concerned about security, which is a better option though it can consume resources you may not be able to maintain.

Resources like this exist to cut down on development time, financial resources or abilities that you may not possess. They are courtesies, not necessities and nothing stops you from making your own. The noblox library includes samples of setting up your own server and there are other tutorials out there showing you how you can make this as well.

This issue can’t be pinned on OP at all. The only issue that can be is vulnerabilities or failure to account for other problems with the backend service (e.g. hosting platform).

1 Like

Your best bet is to give people access to an open source bot. No trust given if you do it on your own.

This being said, I’m sure you are trustworthy, I’ve seen you around devforum a lot.

I’d be really weary of using third-party services to control group permissions. If you’re looking to do something similar, you should do it yourself.

The questions I’d like to ask are:

• The service is advertised as completely free?

• If so, how does the company make any money from this?

• What is the incentive to provide a completely free service? Surely this is nothing but a loss in revenue with no gain.

• Why should people trust your service?

Ideally, no one should trust a third-party service to manage permissions within a group or manage anything that performs automated tasks. If you want to do this yourself, there’s many tutorials and even open source projects that do this for you.

It’s best to spend $5 on a server and have full control of your code and your permissions than trust a third-party service that could, at any time, go down or abuse its powers.

If something’s free, that means you’re the product. No company in the world, unless it’s a non-profit (which are funded by donations for a charitable cause), will provide a service completely for free without any business gain. If a company does; it’s a bad business model and will inherently fail.

Examples

Discord is free, but it also charges for Nitro and also sells your personal information for advertising. Google is free, but they collect your search history and use this to provide advertisements that companies pay for.

2 Likes

Most times(Not always, but almost) when Developers buy Ranking Services for their Groups or Games, they should know what they are doing and how Ranking Services operate. I wouldn’t expect Developers to give Bots full permissions unless the account was hacked whatsoever.

1 Like

We are going to add plans where you can get more features from our service.

Every closed source ranking service/bot are 99% of the time a WASTE of money. What do I mean? Well, first of all, they normally are feature rare, which means that they only have a few features available to buyers, such as setrank, promote, demote, maybe fire and/or suspend, shout, and join request commands. These commands can EASILY be coded using raw https requests or using a library like Noblox.js. In-game ranking portions are also easy to code via HttpService and a simple webserver (hosted on something like repl). These in game systems usually only contain 3 commands, setrank, promote, and demote. A lot of them don’t even have logs for audits and shouts, which is simple to implement. My final thoughts? Don’t buy these type of services, they aren’t worth your money

You know it’s free… Right?