Roblox TOS clarification

Hey guys, I wanted to build a mafia game, but I saw this excerpt:

“Dangerous, unethical and illegal activities. Not only do we not allow these activities, we do not allow anyone discussing them or encouraging others to discuss (or take) such actions, including:
Hacking, phishing, flaming, exploits, cheating, spam, deceptive practices, scams;
Misleading, sexual or racy thumbnails or other images, videos or text;
Gambling with Robux or real money;
Terrorism, Nazism or Neo Nazism, organized criminal activity, gangs and gang violence;
Instructions for engaging in violent activities, including bomb- or weapon-making
Criminal activity;
Illegal drugs or prescription drugs without a prescription;
The use or sale of drugs, alcohol, or tobacco by minors; and
Blackmail or extortion.”

in the excerpt, it mentioned organized crime - does this refer to using roblox as a medium to perform organized crime in real life, or does it refer to games containing content that’s organized crime. Thanks!

1 Like

This refers to using Roblox as a platform for organized crime I believe, based on the fact that one of the most popular games on the platform has organized crime as as one of it’s core gameplay mechanics.

8 Likes

I think it depends on what you can do in the game. If it’s kid-friendly I think it’ll be alright, considering in the popular game Jailbreak, the object is to escape prison and rob banks. So if that is alright, then yours should be too.

2 Likes

From what I interpet from this, it means discussing or encouraging legitimate criminal activity (not criminal activity roleplay in a game). The reason why I say this is because there are lots of games that revolve around crime, but it doesn’t necessarily encourage players to actually partake in real life.

This is simply what I take from it, correct me if I’m wrong though.

5 Likes