Roblox UGC Commission Failed

Hello Devforum!

I had a simple question:

How come I did not receive a commission when purchasing an in-game item?

In the past, I received a commission when me or another user purchased an avatar item in game through my shop GUI, which is located in the game. However, today when I was testing new items, I did not receive a 40% commission for the item.

I haven’t tested this system in my game for over 2 years, so I’m wondering if there are any new things I should know about selling in game avatar items. For instance. in the monetization tab there is something about Avatar Items-- which is new to me.

I appreciate any input on this topic, and feel free to ask any questions to help clarify my issue.

I think Roblox has made it such that you are unable to get a commission for items you purchase in a game that is owned by you, or under a group that is owned by you.

You’ll have to create an alternate account and create a group there, then create the game containing the shop GUI under the group.

Slightly unrelated, but I personally wouldn’t try this on UGC - especially on small UGC creators. UGC creators are already making very little with how much Roblox taxes them, and doing this taxes the UGC creator’s earnings too. Roblox stuff should be fine though, I don’t think they care if they earn Robux from their items.

1 Like

Thank you for the input. I will have to try this on a separate account. Hopefully that works, if not then I’m not sure what to do, I may just have to let it run at a loss of revenue.

Slightly unrelated, but I personally wouldn’t try this on UGC - especially on small UGC creators. UGC creators are already making very little with how much Roblox taxes them, and doing this taxes the UGC creator’s earnings too. Roblox stuff should be fine though, I don’t think they care if they earn Robux from their items.[/spoiler]

Yes, it is unfortunate that UGC creators make such a little amount. Luckily the items in game were partnered with 3 UGC creators that agreed to have items featured in my game for a potential boost in sales. I would always ensure I have the right to use their items before including them in game.

Appreciate it :grinning:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.