Roblox VR awful suttering and frequent crashing

So I bought an Oculus Rift recently and have been loving it. It works great with all (non-Roblox) games I’ve played so far. However, it seems to have a problem particularly with Roblox. No matter what game I choose to play, it runs with awful stuttering and very quickly crashes Roblox altogether. The game could be just a baseplate and it’ll still stutter and crash. It only happens while wearing the headset. If I take off the headset the performance seems to recover and return to normal while the game is running. Again, it runs completely fine with any non-Roblox game.

My specs are:
i7 7700k
GTX 1080ti
24gb RAM
Windows 10 64bit version 1803

I’ve tried a lot of different things to try fix the issue to no avail. I’ve tried re-installing the Oculus software, updating my GPU driver, disabling my second monitor, closing GPU Tweak II (all processes) and uninstalling SteamVR. Nothing is working.

Anyone experiencing the same issues or is this just me? Any help or advice is greatly appreciated, thanks.

9 Likes

Everyone I know with an Oculus (including me) have this issue. I have found a hacky fix: simply change focus to another window.

No idea why this works but for me and my friends it does. We just tab to another window before putting on the headset, or even just hit the windows key to bring up the start menu.

10 Likes

Oh wow that actually makes sense. I’ve noticed that when I focus on Roblox, all of the CPU load is sent to one core. So go figure running VR completely destroys my PC. I had problems with Roblox lagging because of this, way before I got the Oculus, I forgot all about it. Anyway, thanks for the hack! :laughing:

5 Likes

Yeah it’s a weird little thing. Maybe post a bug report for this as well? I never got around to it, there’s like 3 or 4 I’ve been meaning to post lol.

3 Likes