[ROBLOXCRITICAL] Platform outages 2020-03-21 (MarketplaceService, text filter, thumbnails, etc)

This broke every single one of my games.

Pretty self explanatory.

37 Likes

:UserOwnsGamePassAsync keeps failing in games, this is causing games to significantly drop in players.

Error Line:

This is preventing players from receiving their game-pass perks and is happening 100% of the time when you play a game.

12 Likes

Yea, I’m having the same issue here, I didn’t make any updates to the game.

9 Likes

Roblox is down, meaning most services are not working.

I think it’s in preparation for the Bloxys.

6 Likes

Apparently this bug struck in inconveniently while I was trying to play a game. Yikes!!

Oh, and I think it’s because of the influx of users on Roblox due to the pandemic today?

7 Likes

Thanks for posting about this, I’ve brought this to the attention of our engineers who are investigating.

35 Likes

We released a new update for World // Zero last night and I was really excited to check our playercount thismorning.

To my surprise, it was 50% of what it was at midnight :thinking: This was really discouraging so I hopped into the game to see what was wrong.

UserOwnsGamepPassAsync is returning 502 errors which prevents us from loading users into the game, as we cannot check if they have purchased any gamepasses on the Store page so we retry until the API works. It doesn’t seem to ever work.

Our playercount has been decimated by 2/3 in a period of 1 hour.

11 Likes

I have released a grand update for my game yesterday, and roblox servers decided to be veeery slow this weekend. .-.

They are probably overwhelmed though.

5 Likes

On another detail, the thumbnails are unstable, causing them to sometime go missing. Perhaps the endpoints are shaky today, again. This was discovered as I’m writing this.

This is an example.

5 Likes

We’re going to rename this topic to accommodate the broader variety of service disruptions we’re seeing right now.

24 Likes

Meta:

These issues are also making me unable to load devforum posts & notifications.

4 Likes

That’s related to the traffic coming to the DevForum now. It’s been happening with all previous outages and it’ll be a minor inconvenience here until the Roblox staff resolve the situation.

4 Likes

I also heard that theres a huge data loss going on with datastore service.

1 Like

It’s confirmed. The data store service has very big issue! People loose all their data, it’s insane!

1 Like

This is happening for my game as well.
It won’t load at all and they’ll have to rejoin in “hope” they get their gamepasses.

This error will not show all the time in studio, it weirdly works “sometimes”.

4 Likes

I don’t think anyone has mentioned this. The chat lag issues that have been a thing for about a week are gone but I’ve found that most message I send don’t send at all. The ones that do send instantly, however.

7 Likes

Games should be able to handle cases where datastores are not available, so it shouldn’t be “lost”. If players are permanently unable to access their data even after the outage, then that is developer error.

6 Likes

How am I going to prevent it if the data doesnt save at all.

You should handle errors using pcall and therefore not save player data if the loading of it failed. (Resulting in players having their data reset)

This is getting off-topic, here are some pages for reference.

3 Likes

I would recommend using the Scripting Support category for help on handling datastore failures or outages if above articles do not solve your questions.

2 Likes