Rocky28447 :: Full-Stack Game Programmer

About Me

I’m a 20 year old game developer with over eight years of experience developing games on Roblox. While I am a full-stack game programmer, I specialize in (and prefer!) gameplay programming, effects programming, and UI programming. In 2019, I attended the Roblox Developer Conference in San Francisco and in 2020 I attended the virtual Roblox Developer Conference event. From April 2020 to March 2021, I worked as a gameplay and effects programmer for Vesteria, an open-world MMORPG that has amassed over 17 million play sessions.

Recent Work

Below are links to games and prototypes I’ve worked on, as well as short descriptions of the games and what I contributed.

Vesteria

From April 2020 to March 2021, I worked as a gameplay and effects programmer for Vesteria. There, I was responsible for writing code for material gathering systems such as mining and lumberjacking, a new monetization system, designing and programming a new main menu for the game, and remastering the game’s lighting and sound design completely (while also writing accompanying code to manage ambience and day/night cycles). Prior to leaving the team, I was developing and implementing a new early-game boss monster.

Stars: Dare to Explore

An in-development persistent infinite universe exploration game with PvPvE mechanics, which I am working on solo. I’ve programmed the entire game as well as designed and implemented the entire user interface and menus. Some 3D assets were either purchased from third-party sources or commissioned.

4Sight

A color-based puzzle game that I made for the 2020 RDC Game Jam. I programmed the entire game and designed the levels and puzzles. I also created the logo and main menu.

Conquerors: Reloaded (Prototype)

An early prototype of a remake of an old Roblox RTS. I designed the UI and programmed everything in the prototype so far.

Mario Movement Demo (Prototype)

A proof-of-concept of Mario’s move-set from “Super Mario Galaxy” in Roblox. Unfortunately, the game was taken down by Roblox for copyright violations. I am working on resolving this, but for now the game is unplayable.

Availability

I am currently available for both part-time and full-time jobs, as well as small commissions. I prefer jobs that allow me to set my own hours (with the exception of team meetings, voice calls, et cetera).

Payment

For full-time positions, I accept an hourly rate in USD. For small commissions and contract work, I accept payment in either USD or Robux. My rates are relatively flexible and depend on the complexity/size of the workload or the hours I’m expected to work.

Contact

You can contact me here on the Developer Forum or on Discord, where my handle is Rocky28447#7843 (you will need to send a friend request to message me on Discord).

Last updated on 4/4/2021 to add further information, clarify and correct certain things that changed since the original revision, and update my previous work.

19 Likes

Vouch. Very hard working and talented individual.

Hey dude added you on discord. Have a very interresting job for you if your down, hit me up :slight_smile:

I sent you a friend request. Hope to communicate there! My username is KillerPool#2815 by the way.

Hey, just sent over a friend request! Have an opportunity if interested

@Abstract_Encoded @PRINCE_STARRR What are your discord usernames? Unsure which requests to accept.

1 Like

I am KillerPool#2815. @Rocky28447

My username on discord is .prince.#0666

Is it possible for it to be a straight payment or would I need to split the payment to match an hourly rate. Also, when you say “Environment Artist” can you still do stuff like building?

Hey there, Rocky!

Was wondering if you’re still hireable for your programming services?

I am in need of a ray-casting gun system (assets I can provide - animations, models etc)

Looking forward to a reply (Sent a friend request on discord)

JFK#1234