Romod: Moderation made easy (Broken, discontinued)

Yes, it would be. I would like to mention after looking at some of the code I found some issues with it. There weren’t too many issues but the issues that were there were pretty major.

The 1st issue I saw while testing it out was that it didn’t automatically update, because the scripts were just there and it wasn’t a MainModule. I did fix that, and it runs smoothly:
RomodModule.rbxm (24.1 KB)

The next issue I found is where MessagingService was constantly subscribing, causing a memory leak.

Is the memory leak fixed? I don’t really know how to fix that to be honest.

I also fixed that in the file I provided. The memory leak is very slow so the average user won’t notice it, but it is there.

Ok. Thank you. I will publish the new code. Do I need to credit you?

Not really, since it was a very simple fix. I would prefer the next version to be in the format of a loader with a MainModule, as that is the preferred method for admin systems and large models, which could potentially have an urgent bug that needs to be fixed.

The file has everything ready for you to publish, just don’t include the MainModule in the folder.

Ok. I am a bit dumb, so I don’t understand how the loader and auto-update works. Could you explain? What do you mean with don’t include the main module in the folder?

I also fixed the problem with the elseif. I changed it to an else.

1 Like

Create a script to auto load the module ID with require. I’d recommend testing RoMod and patching its issues.

1 Like

No problem. Roblox made this feature called a “MainModule” years back, and it was for retrieving scripts from the cloud.

What it does, is uses require with an asset ID.

Here is an example I quickly grabbed from the BaseAdmin loader. It’s not this complicated.

To publish a MainModule, you simply publish the MainModule to roblox. Keep in mind that the dependencies of the MainModule are parented to the MainModule (which I did for you).

All you need to do is separately publish the loader and MainModule as separate models, and have the loader require the asset ID of the MainModule from the file I provided.

Keep in mind that the MainModule needs a configuration so that moderators are recognized. I made a ModuleScript in the file I provided called “RomodSettings”, which is the new place to configure moderators.

If you’re having trouble understanding, please DM me. I’ll give you a simpler solution.

I published the main module, and in the loader, I require the main module. Then Published the Romod folder with the loader and config in it.

Was this right?

What does your loader script now look like?

That’s correct. What you’ll need to do next is make sure the MainModule is distributed on the marketplace. I recommend naming it “Romod Source” or something similar. The MainModule also should not be included in the loader in the published model. To test out the MainModule while in development, I recommend having a separate loader that requires it directly.

Anyways, the loader is distributed on the marketplace, the MainModule is too, I think it’s done. Now, Romod will automatically update when a new version of the MainModule is published to roblox.

Ok! Thank you! It is all fixed.

1 Like

Thats a really big oopsie, As a moderation module, you must have admin checks or simply the exploiters will abuse every command they can. I recommend using DataStoreService to save admins or you can use a module where the owner would have to update the module to add a new admin.

There is a new update everyone!

Changes:

• A flaw in the cross server moderation that caused a small memory leak is now fixed.
  • Easier setup (Just add Romod to your game from the marketplace, and it will setup for you)
  • The admin permissions is in RomodSettings. (In the Romod folder)
  • Added auto update. No need to re-setup the module!

Big thanks to @SubtotalAnt8185 For helping out.

1 Like

This issue is fixed. The remote events have admin checks and the module is now secured.

1 Like

@NinjaFurfante07 @Megalodox_Official (Sorry for the mentions, but you have mentioned the UI before so I thought you wanted to know how it looks like now.)

UI Upgrade

I have upgraded the UI. Any thoughts? It’s not big changes, but it’s something.

RomodUi

2 Likes

I do think that the Topbar should be disabled with SetCore when the warning message is displayed.

1 Like

Oh nice that you kept us up to date! The panel’s UI definitely improved although i am not a big fan of these buttons being max width

In my opinion the warning screen ui can still be improved, my approach would be to vertically align everything to the middle of the screen and to increase the gap between the Warning header and the message below it.

And i agree with @SubtotalAnt8185 to hide the chat while the warning is displayed.

Overall good job!

2 Likes