RoSound 2.2.1: Audio discovery made simple [1.5K+ installs]

well rip this hard to make plugin,

plus they might be a chance a big studio from Roblox(dreamcraft, some others) might SUE Roblox for this….

1 Like

yet it is still unbeneficial to us developers

1 Like

In fact, it was an amazing plugin. Really sad to see it go away…

2 Likes

Is it possible that you will release a successor to this plugin with both curated audio that ROBLOX has uploaded and public audio that developers have made available? (when that feature is implemented)

1 Like

Cool idea! Roblox actually stated that they don’t have a date for when they will allow developers to make audio public, but if/when that happens, yeah, maybe! :smiley:

looks like this is not the end of the plugin [Update] Changes to Asset Privacy for Audio

1 Like

Might not be the end of this plugin with some ideas I have.

• Update the plugin to have Toolbox audios (pretty trash but we gotta go with it)

Don’t judge me wrong cuz all of us do know that, using Roblox’s sound is our only option.

1 Like

Pretty sad to hear this plugin dying : (. However this still has hope, if the audio is downloadable it surely will revive!

1 Like

I can see that nobody wants the plugin to die… Thanks for the support!

EDIT: The new version of RoSound is almost finished and will be releasing shortly.
EDIT 2: Update 2.0.0 is released!

3 Likes

@AridFights1, I’m really excited to announce that although a few sounds had to be replaced with Roblox audios, most of the sound effects will remain in the plugin, as they are under 6 seconds! At the moment, there are a total of 82 audio files in the plugin, which is extremely close to the previous 90!

2 Likes

Broooo, congrats on saving your plugin! You deserve this great luck! Btw, better than ever, you could actually use the new roblox audios (pretty sick in my opinion)!

1 Like

Would you like foreign language support for RoSound, and if so, which languages?

• Spanish
  • French
  • Other (Reply)
  • None

0 voters

Also, make sure to join the Discord server!
discord

this plugin has survived somehow

from the audio update

2 Likes

Update 2.0.0 is out!

This update adds a lot of exciting new features, including:

• Pause/play audio feature
  • Dark/light auto themes
  • All-new sounds
  • Working with new Roblox audio update
  • New revamped UI
  • Improved filtering

Make sure to update the plugin to the latest version and enjoy the new features!
If you find any problems or issues, make sure to report them here.

5 Likes

I don’t know if you get sound by finding good ones in the Roblox audio library or downloading from outside libraries, but, if you want to add more combat SFX, I recommend looking at thienbao2109’s audio in the creator marketplace to fork out some audio.
These are just a few examples:

https://www.roblox.com/library/5314863763/M1216-Shoot-1?Category=Audio&SortType=Relevance&SortAggregation=AllTime&CreatorId=107736880&Page=2&Position=1&SearchId=8b44a091-2a64-4b29-8dcf-6df83e5df559

https://www.roblox.com/library/4810747901/hit?Category=Audio&SortType=Relevance&SortAggregation=AllTime&SearchKeyword=hit&CreatorId=107736880&Page=1&Position=1&SearchId=dfc96cc3-268c-4935-86e1-06a0146a7078

https://www.roblox.com/library/4810749120/kick?Category=Audio&SortType=Relevance&SortAggregation=AllTime&SearchKeyword=kick&CreatorId=107736880&Page=1&Position=2&SearchId=f4e54d53-fd0c-4071-b461-ab1ceecbdcea

1 Like

The audio they have uploaded is very high-quality! You can look forward to many of these included in RoSound in update 2.0.1. Thanks for the tip!

Also, for everyone who is enjoying the plugin, if you can, please donate! Thank you!

Donation Place

1 Like

You should add Arabic support

1 Like

That’s a cool idea, although I don’t know how many people would use Arabic translation.

I think you should make it more obvious when the sound has been taken. I may be a bit dense but I still spent like 2 minutes clicking the download icon thing wondering what was supposed to happen. After which I realized I had 20 audios in workspace.

I might just be needy but I think some sort of popup saying you successfully created the audio would be nice. Great plugin tho, I had an audio in mind but couldn’t think of keywords to find it and I was able to find what I was looking for.

Edit: I also found this issue

3 Likes

I mean I would. Does that count?

1 Like