Ending Scam Bots | RoStop

Once again thank you for the help! I don’t even believe I need to define an array as I already have a value stored in the player of if they can chat or not. Being able to remove my mute script will make this much more accessible as-well. Thank you!

Also the modal thing is interesting i’ll add that as well!

1 Like

My alternate solution would be to use the account age, bots should be fairly new accounts and a system that triggers this one-time chat verify system only when you have been in roblox for less than a month. Trust me when I saw the account age used in a game I was a little suprised but more shocked, there are literal to no people who would tell you how old your account is in a story game.

I thought Roblox removed the require() feature, or at least that you needed the script in the game in order to use it. Because people had so many viruses hidden inside, or am I misunderstanding something?

Uhhh no??? Why would they remove that feature? The only issue is that people abuse it, but many of us use it for our own game. You’ve probably heard this as a mistake and/or misunderstanding.

3 Likes

its very cool but hope it wont be like the roblox captcha :joy:

3 Likes

Never do this. Let‘s say you have 2 children that are 5 years old. The first knows Roblox, his friend not. Now, the child who knows Roblox shows his friend, who dosen‘t know it, what is the game. And this motivates the friend to play Roblox, too. And now let‘s say that he just created his account, and the first game that he will play is your game, but then he gets kicked because he is new. This isn‘t good at all, no ones do this. You newer should use the AccountAge for filtering bots, this could be counterproductive. And no, in no case, even top AAA games like Fortnite, RocketLeague and etc. (idk why I said Fortnite or RocketLeague, they are the only games that I have in mind) don‘t solve their bot problems by this way, so you shouldn‘t to it either. If you are willing to sacrifice new players just to stop bots, there are big issues:

1. Who even says that Roblox bans bots? Ok, Roblox may ban bots, but not all. Or just simply: The bot creator creates the bots, waits that the bot accounts are 1 month old or more, and then spamms your game. This would be even heavier for your game, because the malicious programmer had 1 month time to creates a lot of bots.

2. This will ruin the reputation of your game, and by a lot. With this I mean that, if new players can‘t join the game because they are new, then they will spread the information and say that your game is bad because they can‘t play it, and, they are right then. If you buy a game with or just simply want to play a game, but you can‘t because you are new, then the game can be the best made game of all the times but it will remain a bad one. Everyone should be start to play some game, if popular or not

3. Bots simply can change their AccountAge property, and by this I mean that: You have a new bot, that just was created, but when you read the AccountAge propertie, it says more than one year or something other. This is because they can fake properties. This is one of the reasons why speedhackers are difficult to find (if we ignore the physics glitch that you start flying over 999 km/h over the map): They have a Humanoid.Speed of 50 or etc., but when you print this out it says you 16. More informations on @starmaq‘s topic All you need to know about metatables and metamethods in section " VIII. About exploiting". It‘s the last one.

Now, correct me if I am wrong.

TL:DR: Never rely on AccountAge for important things like this, or you will ruin the fun of innocent people + anyways, this is can be bypassed without too many efforts.

AccountAge property for security checks = very bad

5 Likes

I would say that this would not be suitable for certain games. Such as those which need fast communication with each other (if they don’t have discord or don’t know each other) This would also not be suitable for games which need alot of in game chatting (e.g. Trade Hangout) and those which use chat admin commands.
But this would be suitable for most games since the games which are not suitable for this module is not alot.

Great work! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, if you consider that a bot joins the game for miliseconds, then leave, and that if you have a good internet connection this takes seconds, you won a point :+1:

1 Like

iirc they disabled requiring private 3rd-party modules by asset ID for security reasons. It should still work if the module is open-source or you created the module.

1 Like

This helps so much, thank you for doing this!

1 Like

Yes! That was the thing I was looking for, thanks!

1 Like

Unless the developer turns it off, the module is built to save. Meaning players do it once and don’t have to do it again (until it expires).

2 Likes

Im sure they can play the game, they just can’t chat in the game.

2 Likes

In that case, this will depends on the game:
Is the game a roleplay game where you need the chat? Then you still will ruin the fun

Is the game a game typ, that dosen‘t requires any special communication with other players, then it will be annoying, but is better as nothing. Still, aside singleplayergames, I don‘t believe that on Roblox you will many games that, are multiplayer, but don‘t require to talk to other players. If you have a multiplayer, then you really need to talk with others (as exception a few games types like Arsenal, where you don‘t need to talk at all)

Really cool idea, i’ll be sure to insert it into my game when I have the time!

1 Like

Wow! This is amazing! I have recommended this service to my friends. They tried it, and they loved it! Definitely recommend this product/service to others seeing this post. :grin: :+1: Keep up the good work!

1 Like

You can just use a ML (machine learning) and with neural network to figure out the message is either a malicious message or not, and it’s much reliable, as you don’t need to add new stuff to the network, which you must add new challenges for the captcha if they implemented something that auto-solves your captcha system.

Of course, the ML won’t just determine either it’s malicious or not based on just the link, it should be based on the context.

You don’t even need a captcha as these bots aren’t anything special. Just to have a button that enables chat at the start of the game will probably defeat 99% of them.

Sure, you can do that currently. But bots are already adapting as more games implement simple solutions. As I’ve said earlier, people who run bots will go to great lengths earn a buck or put a message out. So what works now may not work a few months from now.

why not just add a filter for the word {System} and add a list of links that are going around (you can find a lot just by playing bad business; the bots love it there)

edit: actually 4D_X makes a good point; you can easily stop them with just adding something to interrupt chatting for the first like minute. once they chat they leave so if they join, try to chat, then leave, the message won’t go through, obviously, because you can’t chat for the first 60 seconds of joining

2 Likes