Feedback on my wilderness survival game

Just added a few thumbnails, I need some feedback on them:
1x1 for thumb

1 Like

So, the game isn’t finished, and there are a lot of things I think I want to critique.

First the resource empty thing doesn’t really work very well. I think it would help if you just made the trees or rocks transparent and then wait a while and make them visible again. I know it would take a long time to fix all trees and stones but it is 100% a change worth your time.

Second, I didn’t know the book wasn’t for crafting, I didn’t know how to craft anything at all and was only able to make a wooden sword that honestly wasn’t very good. The sword is lacking animations and effects. Along with the axe… it needs a nail polish…

This game isn’t done, as everyone else is saying. But it has potential…

If you decide to keep the motivation strong, then you can 100% make this game a lot better. Polish this game up, and I am sure people will be ready to test it again… new and improved!

1 Like

I was testing, and set the wooden axe to get 50 wood per hit - It should have only been two. There is a tutorial, that would probably help you understand how to craft. However, I did make another mistake. If you mean the crafting dictionary when you say ‘book’, I forgot to mention that you need a crafting table for certain items, in the crafting dictionary. Although that was covered in the tutorial, I should have made it mention that. Thanks for the feedback!

1 Like

Yes a tutorial is very important! 100% something that the game needs. A tutorial would’ve literally fixed every problem I was having. At the time I played I didn’t have a tutorial, so I hope the next time I check the game out, the tutorial helps with my play session.

1 Like

I actually added an interactive tutorial a few days ago. It’s in the main menu, right under the ‘play’ button.

Oh I didn’t notice that, I think you should add it into the game, not just the main menu, which I completely overlooked.

1 Like

I think it might be a better idea just to teleport the player into the tutorial if it’s their first time, and let them exit out if they want, but I’m not sure. Do you think that would be a good idea?

Yeah thats pretty much what all games do nowadays

1 Like

I have made the player teleport to the tutorial if it is their first time playing (if you don’t have the “You Played!” Badge, which I just added).

I have made a ‘Explorer’ Kit!
It grants the following perks:
-You get 2x more energy from food
-You heal 50% faster
-You craft 30% faster

Next on my list will be a carpenter kit, with something like the following
-2x more wood from trees
-Crafts anything base related 70% faster
-Repairs base with an exclusive tool, that is 2x faster than the default wrench

2 Likes

Added the carpenter Kit :DDDDD

I’m adding the winter biome! You lose heat much faster, but at the very end of the map, there’s a few diamonds that you can collect to make diamond gear. I’m also planning to add the ‘snow wolf’ to the winter biome.

I just added:
-The Snow wolf, it’s in the arctic biome.
-You can melt ice to drink water, if you are in the arctic biome, and you are next to a bonfire/furnace
-There are pumpkin seeds scattered around the map, if you find them, you can plant a pumpkin. Once it’s done growing, you can collect it. If you have five pumpkins, you can craft more pumpkin seeds.

1 Like

Over the past weeks, I’ve been testing the game with my friend @python123434alt, and I’ve fixed a ton of bugs. Additionally, I’ve also added the ocean biome. There are scattered islands, guarded by sharks which can deal a lot of damage. You also lose heat a lot faster when in the ocean. At the very end of the ocean, there is a huge island with gold ore.

Also, I forgot to mention this in the last post, but the arctic biome has diamonds at the very end of it, as well.

(The winter biome is blurred on purpose to hide the diamond ore’s position, although I could unblur it, but i’m not sure. I need your opinion!)

Instead of doing updates, you should focus on the main gameplay, Try making better UI Design in photoshop and try to improve some builds.

Not that I don’t agree with you, but could you give me some examples on them?

It has been a long time since I last posted, and I have since added a few things:

Added teams. If you are in a team with someone else, you can use all of their doors and you can’t attack them.

Made the terrain 3d, as well as a tunnel system.

Pictures of new terrain

I need some feedback on the terrain. Does it look OK? How can I make it better?