Same words not always being highlighted in script editor

This is a small but annoying UX bug. When you double click on a word in the studio script editor, the intended behavior is for all of the same words in the script to be highlighted. 90% of the time it only highlights other words for a fraction of a second, then the highlight disappears. I’m on studio 435.0.406 on windows 10

2 Likes

Are you double clicking it? If you just select it it doesn’t work.

I do not have this problem nor have I ever had this problem. Does this happen in every game, in every script? Can you try with another mouse / different mouse settings?

It happens to me but not that often. I just tested it out on my studio and it happens when I do a double click really really fast.

Tried a different mouse and turns out this feature doesn’t work well if the mouse has a high sensitivity. The highlight will disappear if you move the mouse even a tiny amount, so when I click the mouse once it might move a pixel or two before I can click the second time which is why I think its disappearing

If Roblox increased the max allowed distance between clicks for it to count as a double click, this feature would work better

2 Likes

I have managed to reproduce this bug in my end. I’m currently running the latest version of Studio (Release 435).

This bug happens when you are double clicking on the word while moving your mouse on it regardless of sensitivity, where it manages to get the same word highlight, but for some reason it immediately removes the highlight. If you do not move your mouse and double click on the word, it will highlight the similar words with no issue.

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed this internally and we’ll follow up here when we have an update for you.

I am in the process of checking over bug reports and following up on some bugs that haven’t received any activity in a while.
Is this issue still occurring or can you confirm that this bug has been resolved?

This has been fixed yes. I need thirdy characters

This issue should now be resolved! If this issue is still occurring, please create a new topic for us to look into.

1 Like