Script editor showing warnings in wrong places/warnings do not make sense with Script Analysis beta

I have restarted studio multiple times and there is this reoccurring bug where an error has been resolved but the underline still shows, and another thing to note is that the warning underlines position is where it was for the actual duplication of the function.

This started happening on April 17th 2020

studiobug

I have the “Enable New Lua Script Analysis” beta feature enabled, and I didn’t notice the error when i left the game so when i reopened it i started experiencing this.

I found a way to reproduce it. These are the ways i reproduced it dont know if you can another way.
Team Create has to be on!

1. localscript in starter gui
  2. duplicate the “test()” function again (for me it took awhile for the error to show up)
  3. commit the file
  4. exit the place
  5. come back and change the name of the function and the error will still be there even though the error was solved

studiobug2
as you can see the error line is where it would be if it was underlining “test”. This may lead to the Luau ran into an unexpected error and will not type check error.

I have no clue if the error will stay the same if i send the file but following those steps should reproduce it.

Windows 10 Professional, Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362

script_editor_error.rbxl (18.2 KB)

5 Likes

did you find a fix to this? my syntax error checker and IntelliSense is completely broken

W000: (1,1) Luau ran into an unexpected error and will not type check until Studio is restarted.

3 Likes

update:

• this issue is only happening for me, everyone else on the game doesn’t have this problem
  • i’ve restarted studio AND reinstalled studio multiple times
  • this error is only happening for me on this one game
  • i have removed strict mode on every one of the scripts

i’m genuinely clueless and do not know what to do at this point, is anyone else getting this problem?

1 Like

update (sorry for bumping):

it was caused by this beta feature:

2 Likes