Script not outputting any errors, but not changing any values when brick is touched and player has over or equal to $175 cash?

• What are you attempting to achieve? (Keep it simple and clear)
    I am attempting to give the player a house when they touch the door if they have enough money and they don’t already have a house.
  • What is the issue? (Keep it simple and clear - Include screenshots/videos/GIFs if possible)
    The script is not outputting any errors, and the script is not changing any values even if the player’s balance is above or equal to 175.
  • What solutions have you tried so far? (Have you searched for solutions through the Roblox Wiki yet?)
    I have tried:
    Removing the player defined with local and using PlayerAdded.
    Removing “if player then” from the script.
--// OldBo5 \\--
game.Players.PlayerAdded:Connect(function(player)
	script.Parent.Touched:Connect(function(hit)
		if player then
			if player.leaderstats.Money.Value >= 175 and script.Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent.houseOwner.Value == nil and script.Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent.isBought.Value == false then
				script.Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent.houseOwner.Value = player.Name
				script.Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent.isBought.Value = true
				script.Parent.Parent.Name = "Home Owner: "..player.Name
				player.leaderstats.Money.Value = player.leaderstats.Money.Value - 175
			end
		end
	end)
end)

You don’t need a PlayerAdded function. Just do a Touched event, and get the player by its character:

if hit.Parent:FindFirstChild("Humanoid") then -- checks if the thing that touched it has a humanoid
		local player = game.Players:GetPlayerFromCharacter(hit.Parent) -- gets the player from the character
		if player.leaderstats.Money.Value >= 175 and script.Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent.houseOwner.Value == nil and script.Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent.isBought.Value == false then
		end
	end
end)

Don’t hesitate to let me know if you have any issues! (:

2 Likes

The script is still not working. D: Edit: No output in dev console.

Try adding prints in different places and see where it prints and where it doesn’t.

1 Like

Alright, will try! Edit: Looks like it quits working at Line 10.

print("Line 1")
	if hit.Parent:FindFirstChild("Humanoid") then -- checks if the thing that touched it has a humanoid
		print("Line 2")
		local player = game.Players:GetPlayerFromCharacter(hit.Parent) -- gets the player from the character
		print("Line 3")
			print("Line 4")
			print("Line 5")
			print("Line 6")
			print("Line 7")
			print("Line 8")
		end print("Line 9")
	end print("Line 10")
end) print("Line 11")

I am not entirely sure if this will fix the problem but you could you try to change the == nil to == “” like I did below?

script.Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent.houseOwner.Value == ""
1 Like

Looks like this works, thank you!

1 Like