Scriptable Camera Not Working

Hello. I’ve been having an issue with editing the camera type. Whenever I set it to ‘Scriptable’ manually, it will always reset back to custom when I launch the game. When I try and do it automatically, however, I get the following:
ActivateCameraController did not select a module. (x2)

For those of you who are wanting to see my code, here:

local camera = workspace.CurrentCamera
camera.CameraType = Enum.CameraType.Scriptable```

You must wait for the camera subject to be chosen. Then you can wait for the character to load.

The thing is, however, I don’t want to have a camera subject. I want to have it facing a direction with no particular focus in mind.

Camera properties are overridden when your character is loaded, also make sure the script this is being executed from is a LocalScript.

Putting your camera script within StarterCharacterScripts should suffice.

It’s in a localscript. Putting it in starterPlayer should also be fine. When you say “Camera Properties are overriden when your character is loaded,” should I wait for the character to load then to edit the camera then?

Yeah, yielding till the character is created works too.

I’m recommending StarterCharacterScripts because those scripts only run when the character exists, it’s more efficient to just have the script be contained here.

Isn’t quite working unfortunately.

Situation Solved. Put a seperate local script in starterpack and declare the camera subject BEFORE changing it to scriptable.