I’m a highly proficient Roblox Lua scripter seeking work in a team setting. I’ve been programming for over 15 years with well over 5 years dedicated to Roblox Lua. In this time I have designed and created games both on my own and in cooperation with both scripters and non-scripters. I enjoy improving my skills and helping others to do the same (as evidenced by the hundreds of people I’ve helped over the years on Scripting Helpers: https://scriptinghelpers.org/user/chess123mate), making me an asset in any team.
Over the years I’ve worked on a number of miscellaneous items on Roblox, including:
- Variable speed Roblox physics simulation (open source): https://www.roblox.com/games/656841578/Scripting-Helpers-Snack-Break-Problem-21
- Connect 4 (with AI; also open source): https://www.roblox.com/games/1058324608/Customizable-Connect-4-vs-AI
- Math quizzing software: https://www.roblox.com/games/4507800709/Math-Facts (I have also created similar software using C#)
- Village Builder (https://www.roblox.com/games/276800/ERRC-Village-Builder-v1-3-5) - this was a cooperative game I made years ago that enjoyed some popularity but it is mostly broken now - but you can see the screenshot on the game page of a theoretically possible game state. The game’s coolest feature was that players could place building plans anywhere (using local parts); when a player placed it somewhere, it became visible to all, but each brick in the building was semi-transparent until constructed using the appropriate material and “hammering” it into place - players also performed this activity to repair buildings damaged through weather or disasters.
- I’ve spent an amount of time working with modules and ideas for efficient and safe data stores and also for upgrading data stores between versions. I’ve also tinkered with an idea that has Roblox servers cooperating via data stores and MessagingService to create mutable state that is shared between all servers (though an external database would be much more powerful and flexible).
- To facilitate the quick testing of Roblox Lua code, I wrote a C# program that works with a now-deleted RbxSync fork and an automated in-Studio testing framework I created; I can hit “save” in a text editor and have automated tests automatically triggered in Roblox Studio to test the code, giving a summary of the results in the Output window, all within 1-2 seconds!
Since May 2020, I’ve been leading the volunteer scripting team for the “Roblox Library 2020” group. I’ve coordinated with the owner, new and existing scripters, and a variety of volunteers in tracking bugs, organizing projects, and creating such features as:
- Music Playlist Editor (with customizable names), saved to the data stores (I wrote all the code and designed & assembled the UI with the icons and gradient chosen by a UI designer)
- “Book Maintenance Plugin”, which performs a variety of maintenance and configuration verification tasks, including assigning a unique ID to each unique book (as some books have multiple copies/models throughout the library), which enables the library to implement book favouriting in the future
- A “workshop” package that streamlined the updating of scripts in the various “book workshop” places (where volunteers write up book submissions)
- A script to improve client loading time and performance by removing unnecessary instances
There’s plenty of room for improvement in both the UI and the code, but you can see the current state of them as we’ve moved towards an open source repository:
With my abilities and passion for improving game designs and the coding skills of myself and others, I would love to discuss how I would be an excellent asset to Wonder Works Studio. You can contact me on Discord: