{Closed for good)

(This topic is finished)

Hello!

To be completely honest with you, it is far better to teach yourself building and scripting than to learn from a teacher - when you learn by making mistakes and trying again, you develop your own processes and methods for getting things done quickly. Your building and scripting experience will be more effective, creative, and enjoyable when you’re the one fueling the thought behind it.

Furthermore, I highly doubt that people will be willing to devote significant amounts of their time to teaching you. We, thankfully, have a wonderful development community here on Roblox where you can ask questions, get feedback/help, and get testers.

For scripting tutorials, I suggest using these channels and sites:

Alvinblox’s youtube channel: Alvinblox
Peaspod’s youtube channel: PeasFactory
Developer wiki (very useful for API reference): Documentation - Roblox Creator Hub

For building tutorials, I suggest using some of the following posts

Map design tutorial by @TrustMeImRussian: Ruski's Tutorial #1 - How to design a map layout
This thread about build planning: As a builder, how do you plan your builds?
This overall tutoria by @Crykee: Building Tutorial For All (Resources Available)

In the last building resource, several VERY useful plugins are listed - I highly suggest you watch some videos on how to use these and learn them thoroughly - I can’t describe how useful they are.

If you have any questions on what you’re working on, feel free to utilize the #help-and-feedback:scripting-support, #help-and-feedback:building-support, and #help-and-feedback:cool-creations categories here or use Discord communities like Hidden Developers, DevArchives, or Creation Community. Of the three, I’d suggest first using Hidden Developers - it is very active and filled with experienced developers who are more than willing to work with you until your problem is solved.

Hope this helps!

4 Likes

hey bro, I can teach you the basics if you’d like. Dm me on discord DevTops#9999, as FroggerDev said I’d recommend learning from youtube or api ref, but I know some people need a teacher.