Scripting Tutor

Hi all, this is 68x834 again, and I know some people will be like “nobody will do this for free” in the comments, but, I am looking for a scripter who is just free, or willing to help.

I am strongly wanting to learn how to script, and I have big dreams one day, to create big games like all of you scripters out there.

I really want to learn how to script, so if there is any of you who are scripters, and would like to have 1 on 1 tutor, or REALLY useful ways to actually start using functions, loops, prints, into game, please do contact me on discord or the devforums!

here is my discord.

Meremoon#3496

2 Likes

My best advice for you is to watch some videos on YouTube on the basics if scripting. From there you can starting building off your knowledge. It won’t happen over night, but if you put your mind to it, you can most definitely get it! A lot of scripters on here are self-taught. Best of luck to you.

-Ryneer

6 Likes

Thanks, I keep watching youtube videos, but the problem is, I know what loops, functions are, I don’t know HOW to apply them into my scripting career.

this, I agree on this, me myself is also self-taught, trust me when you apply them to basic stuff, you’ll know what to do. I mostly learned by messing with free models, at start they didn’t made any sense what so ever, but when I burrowed my brain into the coding world, I started to get the hang of it and now I’m starting to learn every thing I need to learn about scripting.

2 Likes

Thanks, I am currently in studio focusing in the free models, which I still don’t get, but I am trying. ;-; Well, thanks.

2 Likes

I recommend starting by learning functions, make random events that are triggered by touch, like, make a clickdetector mouseclicked door, make a damage on touch part, make a part that when touced makes a GUI visible. I started with these and eventually figured out everything else, except CFrames, those are really hard to understand IMO

2 Likes

Do you mind if you tell me your discord, I want to see if I can improve on my scripts later on, and maybe have a fellow scripter who can emphasis the code.

Why sure, Not A Game Developer#7670

1 Like

I sent a request, with the username of Meremoon.

1 Like

Learn lua language so get a lua compiler (where you write and execute code) and run your lua code there to see how it works. You can go through websites learning lua also read the errors in output if you made a mistake. https://repl.it/

2 Likes

Try watching some Alvinblox or TheDevKing. I learned alot from both of them and they also apply the knowledge into games which they have videos on. I recommend TheDevKing though.

2 Likes

same he is good. I like him and joined his discord

2 Likes

Tip: A good place to use print statements is when your debugging code and have to see where there’s an error, then you can see if it runs the print statement or not.

I’m happy to help you out for free, I have 4 years of scripting experience. You can contact me on discord at: alpha#0005

1 Like

I am learning python at my after school ( now online) as well!

1 Like

Please reserve this category for hiring developmental jobs.