Search in toolbox, still bad after many years

I’ve been having an issue where i can’t search for assets in toolbox, even if i match case, or entire asset names.

https://i.gyazo.com/dd4d7e2bd09c961a5b031268fe59a814.mp4

This was especially noted to me, when I had to update the KOTH scripts in my game’s map models, and figured “oh, if i just search for KOTH, it’ll give me all my maps with KOTH prefix”, and it returned 2 of my 12 maps with KOTH in the title

to reproduce, just search for your models in inventory, 9 times out of 10 you get no results.

Oldest thread i found with this exact issue was this one:

I’d have posted to it, but that’s a 3+ year necro…

17 Likes

Have you tried using search operators on your preferred search engine? You could try typing in KOTH site:roblox.com/library.

The general purpose of this thread, if I am not mistaken, is to utilize the Toolbox tool inside of Studio so that developers would not have a need to open up their web browser and have to search up their assets instead of just doing it all in Studio.

1 Like

I with you on that! Since the original author didn’t include my titbit of information, I decided to include a work-around for people who need it to possibly consider.

1 Like

I mean, that’s good if i’m blind searching for assets like sounds. but looking for a few very specific model in my inventory not so much :confused:

also, bit off topic, but why is : / considered confused? looks more like a “mildly disappointed” face

I don’t know how you mean. Google and Bing regularly crawl Rōblox’s website, so you should be in good hands.

It’s not just the toolbox, it’s roblox.

Even when you search plugins, I can’t find the most popular used ones.

If I type in “Toolgrip”, why isn’t CloneTrooper’s and EgoMoose’s popping up?

Not to mention, only two pop up, and they have 10 downloads a piece.

2 Likes

I hate to necro this post but I keep having this issue.

other searches I tried

It’s kinda ridiculous

2 Likes

This issue is occurring for me as well. When I leave and re-open studio it will work but only for a short time before it goes back to finding no results on my models, images, audio, etc.

4 Likes

Hey, checking in on this historical report, can you let us know if you continue to hit any of these issues?

you know, I hadn’t checked.
I did check. and it’s much better now!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Thank you for submitting this report. We are currently reviewing all bug reports to ensure we have not overlooked any ongoing issues. Since this issue was reported over two years ago, can you please confirm you are still experiencing the problem? If so, please respond to this thread, and we will investigate. If we do not receive any response within 30 days, we will consider this matter resolved. Thank you.

1 Like